cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require new SAP system with ONLY configurations from the existing system without any data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement to build a new SAP system  (ABAP stack) with ONLY configurations from the existing system (ABAP stack) without any data. We have below two approaches in mind. Please suggest which one is better and also feel free to suggest any other approach also.

1. Build a blank new ABAP system and do the remote client copy using profile SAP_CUST

2. Build new system using the system copy method and then create a new client using profile SAP_CUST from the master client and then delete the master client.

Regards,

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I would go with the 2nd option assuming you must be having additional components on the source system; also taking into account the SP level the components would be on.

Remote client copy requires the components to be on the same SP level on both the systems so it will spare you some time and effort.

Best Regards,

Anita

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It purely depends on your requirement.

I would go with option 1, if the requirement is just customizing data in target system.

Option 2 is another approach but I need to have same sized systems to go with this.

Regards,

Nick Loy

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

first option is better.

Do client copy with profile sap_cust.

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos