Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error package com.sap.mw.jco does not exist ,package JCO does not exist

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating java program for jco connection for sap . I have downloaded the sapjco3.jar file and set class path also .

but still getting error for package.

please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita ,

Please take a look on screen shot

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankita,

Am I correct in understanding that empty package-list in JCo 2 library distribution is somewhat confusing you? If so, then this is not a bug - referring to javadoc documentation ( javadoc-The Java API Documentation Generator ), you may see the remark saying: "The asterisks (*) indicate the files and directories that are omitted when the arguments to javadoc are source filenames (*.java) rather than package names. Also when arguments are source filenames, package-list is created but is empty.". So, this is a normal documented behavior of javadoc. By the way, in JCo 3 library, JavaDoc already contains non-empty package-list.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

I am not working on eclipse but written a test  program on note pad ( to check my RFC created for JCO connection in SAP ) and compile it on command prompt .(only for testing purpose)

when I download sapjco2.jar , its package list(inside javadoc) is blank

and in  my test program I am importing  com.sap.mw.jco .

could you tell me source code by which I can  use com.sap.conn.jco inplace of com.sap.mw.jco if I use sapjco3.jar

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankita,

For JCo 2, can you please advise if there are any files in \docs\jco\ location after you extract contents of downloaded ZIP-file of JCo library? There, you should normally be able to see all JavaDoc materials.

For an example JCo client program that uses JCo 3, please have a look at following SAP Help materials: Example Program JCo Client - Connectivity - SAP Library

Regards,

Vadim

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankita,

In SAP Java Connector release 3, necessary interfaces and classes are located in packages com.sap.conn.jco* - in contrast to com.sap.mw.jco* as it was in release 2.1. Taking this into consideration, please review imports' declarations in your program and adjust them correspondingly.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member221367
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim ,

Thanks for reply . I have downloaded sapjco2.1.10 but its shows blank screen in package list , there is no any package inside that.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankita,

Did you add sapjco.jar to the build path of the project?

For me, packages and interfaces/classes in them are displayed correctly there. As an example, here are screenshots of expanded library for JCo 2.1.10 (sapjco.jar) and JCo 3.0.10 (sapjco3.jar). For both JCo releases, versions of libraries that I used are 64 bit x86:

JCo 2.1.10:

JCo 3.0.10:

Libraries were downloaded from service.sap.com/connectors -> SAP Java Connector.

Can you please double-check which libraries of JCo you obtained and if correct *.jar files were added to the build path?

Regards,

Vadim