Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Vendor change in po in SAP SRM

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are working in ECS. User created a SC with source of supply and now when he tried to create the PO then he felt to change the vendor but the preferred vendor field under HEADER tab remains the same as SC . Now its not allowing to create the PO . Is there any way to change the preferred vendor field as well when I changed the vendor in PO. Like updating the PO will it work or any FM or BADI which can update the preferred vendor field with the vendor being used in PO and not with SC.

2. Also sometimes is happens that Preferred vendor field becomes blank even we are not changing the vendor. Would like to know is preferred vendor field  , a mandatory field . If not then I recently faced an issue where preferred vendor field was blank and I was getting an error "NAME FIELD PARTNER/ADDRESS BLANK, CHECK" .  Please check the screenshot. For this issue . Is there any way to refresh the complete document so that Preferred Vendor field gets filled.

Above both the issue are related to ONE TIME VENDOR.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Preferred vendor is not a mandatory field in PO. Therefore, you can use DOC_CHANGE_BADI to manipulate this field. However, I can't think of a reason why you require to change this field when it is just a suggested vendor.

The error as mentioned in the screenshot is because the text for the vendor is missing. Can you debug and provide more details about from where the message is being triggered. The message belongs to message class /SAPSRM/PDO_WKL and number is 537.

Regards,

Arun

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun ,

I solved this issue......... but didn't able to understand why it happened .....    

Actually sometimes user feels like to change the vendor after he created the SC and before ordering the SC he changes the vendor and when he creates the PO then at time the preferred vendor field was blank. And because of this every time it throws error when we create the PO as Name field partner/address is missing , check . I found that mainly the error was due to the buffer which was not updated and due to this the PO was not getting updated as well. I don't know what went wrong as the same when I tested in QA then every thing worked fine for me ... Can you tell me where I check about the BUFFER which should be updated while creating the PO.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Since, the PO is not created by direct link, you will not find the buffer at the PDO layer. The data will be stored only at the PD layer. You can put a breakpoint in function modules "BBP_PROCDOC_UPDATE" and "BBP_PROCDOC_SAVE" and look at the gt_tables.

Also, have a look at tables starting with gt_partner in function module "BBP_PARTNER_PUT_DATA" and debug.

Regards,

Arun

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun ,

Thanks for the help

Gaurav Gautam

Answers (0)