cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One batch is stop in QI status and can't be posted via any movement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert

1.We create one material code without QM view.

2.Create purchase order and complete good receipt to QM status.

3.We should post this batch from QM status to unrestricted status, but QM view is active at this moment, therefore, this batch is stop in QM status and can't post via any movement(scrap, goods issue    or physical inventory adjusting).we try create new Inspection lot for this batch but it doesn’t work, my question is how can we scrap this batch out from QI status?

Thanks

Linfeng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lingfeng,

Creating a QM view will not affect anything.

3.We should post this batch from QM status to unrestricted status, but QM view is active at this moment,

Once material is In QI, system will not allow to assign Stock relevant inspection type to this material, System will throw an error "To activate QM, the inspection stock for the material must be empty."

So I think QM was active before GR, and there might be an inspection lot for this material in QA32 and that is why system is not allowing to use any movement type.

Check and let us know.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

you are right:Once material is In QI, system will not allow to assign Stock relevant inspection type to this material, System will throw an error "To activate QM, the inspection stock for the material must be empty."

But in our company, we use PLM module, we use MM11 to create new material and it will be active in every hour automatically, so, the QM view can be active even the stock is not empty. we repeat this in our testing system again.

Now, the bad thing is the stock is QI status but no inspection lot(we created manually later but doesn't work), can't be posted via any movement type, this batch is "Dead" in QI status now

Thanks

Linfeng

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still believe there is some confusion. If the material was posted to QI without inspection lot, then it can easily be taken out using 321 movement through MB1B.

Else, there is some older inspection lot pending which does not allow you to use above T code.

Pl do following,

• Use QA32, and look at System status of the inspection lots of this material. Search with broad inputs. Do not enter initial date, remove max number of inspection lots, select all inspection lots and execute.  Find if there is any with 'SPRQ', 'SPST' or 'CRTD'
  • Run QVM2 for this material?

And for your information, Manual inspection lot wouldn't help in moving the stock.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear both,

Thanks for your answer and let me explain again:

In our company, we use PLM module, we use MM11 to create new material and it will be active in every hour automatically, so, the QM view can be active even the stock is not empty. we repeat this in our testing system again.

1.Create QM view via Tcode MM11 but not active

2.Complete goods receipt to QI status,without inspection lot creation,without QM view active.

3. After one hour later, QM view active atuomatically,this batch is "dead" in QI status.we create inspection lot manually,doesn't work,we try all movement type ,doesn't work.

Thanks

Linfeng

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linfeng,

If there is no Inspection Lot and still Material is in QI you better use SAP Note 48815: Checking possible inconsistencies between MM and QM.

Useful Links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/437182

QM MM stock inconsistency | SCN

Looking at your scenario this note is must to have in your system.

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bit confused with your statement. If you had created this material without QM view, then what's happening with you, should not actually happen.

I'll go with Amol in this case.

• First, you should get the error, as Amol mentioned, if you try to post this qty out of QI using non-QM transactions.
  • Second, if you do not want QM view for this material, you need to first take all qty out of QI and then deactivate QM view.

To check outstanding qty, run QVM2.

Therefore, you really need to explain the exact process followed here.

ntn