cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use labels from HANA as universe field descriptions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to automatically use the labels from a HANA view as either the field names or descriptions in the BO Universe? For example, my view has field VBELN and the label "Billing Document". In IDT I only see VBELN come through as the field name. I have hundreds of fields so don't want to go through and manually type in the description on each one. How can I get the labels defined in HANA to come through to BO?

Thank you!
AZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Az,

I don't think there is an automatic way to include the labels as fileds/descriptions in universe.

Regards,

Madhumitha

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This functionality is added in 4.1

It is recommended to use the single source with JDBC.  This connection will rely on the Hana connection and not the federation service in the middleware layer. The DF service may not expose the field description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jacqueline - now just have to figure out how to get someone to upgrade our system to 4.1

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

I'm on 4.1 SP2 and didn't get my Hana labels.

Is this a SP3 functionnality or did we have something to do to get them ?

Regards,

Frederic

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

@HI Jacqueline Rahn - I have a similar requirement, currently i have populated ECC tables in the SQL. And in the universe I have incorporated those tables, for some reason the fields  are not displaying the descriptions.

Ex: MATNR should display as Material

You indicated above its possible in IDT 4.1, just curious can you please let me know where do I see that option to switch on the descriptions..

Appreciate your reply...

Thanks,

Vinay

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

this thread was specific to Hana.  Please post with a new thread in Semantic.

former_member196240
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline Rahn - I did create a thread in semantic layer, but no solution was provided.

Appreciate your reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I`m Using SAP BOE 4.1 SP4 and i get the labels only for dimentions in the form of folders, but i dont have labels for metrics

do i have to actívate something ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

I am using the Information models from HANA into IDT and my BOBJ is 4.1 , still I am unable to see the label names . Any suggestions / settings are required here?

I am using single source JDBC conenction it self.

Regards,

Sindhoora Leburi

aaron_peers2
0 Kudos

I also am using HANA Analytic or Calc views with a  single source JDBC connection and when I select the view to be imported into the data foundation the column descriptions are blank.

How / where do we enable to column description's to be pulled from underlying HANA labels?

Answers (0)