Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF rendering

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed WPF client for SAP Work Manager 6.0 Agentry v6.1.3.10200. I am having a screen rendering issues. Any idea.

From the property of the deployed application in SMP, I can see the server version as 6.1.3.10212.

Thanks

Murali

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michelm_de
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

please take a look at the Release Notes:

1928478 - Release Restrictions Note - SAP Work Manager 6.0

There it is explained:

The WPF Client has been designed to work on the highest resolution devices. The

current resolution on which the application works best is use 1920 x 1080

or higher. If you have a device which has a lower resolution than 1920 x 1080,

then please note that you will have to configure your application to match your

device. Also please reach out to the SAP services and support team and they can

recommend how you can change the configurations to match your lower resolution

device.

Best Regards,

Michel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Murali,

Check the number of rows defined for the screen.  I believe the WPF clinet takes the total number of rows for the screen and calculates the height based on the screen resolution.  So if you have a screen with 40 rows for example it may result in an display similar to your screen shot where you get clipping because the font size it too large for the available row height.

Try reducing the number of rows to match what you are using and see if that helps.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did you try the standard Win Client? What is the resolution of your device?

Regards,

Denis

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Denis,

The new out of box products (WM and SM) that support the WPF client are using the iPad screens.  If you want to use them on a lower resolution windows device, you will need to copy the iPad screens within their screensets, create a new Windows Platform using a lower resolution, and use that new screen on that platform.  This might involve adjusting the screen field placement for fields as well.  Not a small undertaking, but that is the only way I can see it working.  You will also need to change your screensets.ini file to adjust the Windows section to move iPad down below the WIndows platforms so Windows will again be used by default.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. My resolution is 1366 x 768. SAP Note 1928523 confirms that I can use a client on Win 7 64 bit laptop. I think I will install Agentry_6.1.0.3_ClientWin32 and use it instead of WPF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

6.1.0.3 verion is SP01,  you will want the for the SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1 win32 installers it is: Agentry_6.1.3.10212_ClientWin32.exe

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With respect to Jason's comment above:

This may entail some undertaking with respect to testing and creating the new screens. I know from some issues reported, using the Win32 client by itself (instead of WPF)  may present some problems if not done properly due to it is not supported out of the box as Jason mentioned above. This is due to all newer products support higher quality formats. So before you invest time in designing it, I would suggest you to attend the tutorial below.

I just want to point out that the tutorial on how this is done  (changing screen size and other designing the screen based on your type of phone) is available for customers who have the Enterprise access license to view the QuickIQ tutorial (Under the ES Academy).

http://service.sap.com/esacademy (Some other cool tutorials in there)

Search for Mobile: Agentry Mobile Screen Layout Design

here is the direct link:

https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/esa_redirect/index.htm?gotocourse=X&courseid=70241958

If you have no access this means your license or login is not qualified to view the tutorial as this type of tutorial are for premium customers (or employees).

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP AGS Senior Product Support Engineer

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for that info. Noted.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be its only supported in Windows 8