cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan/Actual hours pr. employee in a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

In CMP2/CMP3 we allocate/plan employees to PS-activities - with specific hours per day/week.

In CAT2 the employees create confirmations of their actual hours spend at the activities.

We would like to have a report where the Project Manager can see the planned versus actual hours spend per employee.

We could build a report by informations in the database tables from CMP2/CMP3 and CAT2/PS confirmation. But - the problem is, that when an activity get status Tecnically completed or Closed - then the CMP2/CMP3 informations are deleted from the database tables and can no longer be used.

I hope someone has faced same request, have solved the challenge and would kindly share the solution with me.

Best regards

Lone würtz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear CCS team,

note for workings consider one activity type is one personal resource.

rate of per hour for person is maintained in activity type

with this considerations you can create six resources for one work center

when you create a single activity you can assign one work center with acitvity type and then assign the same resource in the person assignment,(work or duration can be calculated if either one is known)this work stands for one resource. thisis planned

when you confirm from HT through CAT2 and CATA, transfer it to PS, actual work is displayed

if you require more than one activity you can go for activity elements where in you can create n number of personnel resource,under one activity as per requirement

check report CN41N,create your layout with following columns

Identification,:if hierarchy is expanded you shall find the work center along with person resource number in identification against which work and actual work are assigned

actual work

work

date columns as per reuqirements

tentative work

duration

actual costs

As per requirement select the columns

hope this shall solve your query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushrut Sheth

Thank you for your input

We have around 3000 employees. Today every employee can use 5-25 Activity types.

A Network activity usually have 5-50 employees

The necessary master data of activity types and Network activities/Activity elements are going to be unmanageable for us with the proposed solution.

In addition you can still not use the functionality of CMP2/CMP3 to manually divide the planned hours per employee per period (e.g. day/week/month).

As far as I can see we have to replicate the tables KBED, KBEZ and KPER with the planned data, update for every change, but not delete the records when status TECO/CLSD is set at the network activity.

In that way we can keep the planned hours per employee and compare with the actual data.

I have hoped someone had found a smart solution for the topic

Further input would be appreciated.

Best regards

Lone

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear CCS Team,

I dont think there is any other solutions as far as standards is concerned ,just check CMP9 ,rest i agree with you

there is no alternative rather than development and maintainance of data with Ztables.

lets checkout if any other consultant reverts back with solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

CMP9 show planned values, but not actual.

My first plan was to see if it is possible to add actual values to CMP9.

But - CMP9 should read in the Z-tables instead of the original tables => we should copy to a ZCMP9 anyway. And this report is not as flexible as e.g. CATS_DA...

Maybe is is easier to add planned values to a ZCATS_DA-report - or create a totally new report.

I still hope for inputs until I can have the ABAP-resources necessary to develop a solution

Best regards

Lone

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check report CN41

in this report select the required fields related to work,all the details are displayed in this report.no need to go to z reports or new  table when you get the report with layout selection.

check it it shall work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

How do I see the planned hour pr. employee in CN41/CN41N?

I can se planned hours as in field "Work" at each activity, but I do not know how to see the information created in CMP2/CMP3 - with planned hours per employee per period.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you looked at selecting actuals from COVP where awtyp = CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

No I havent looked into COVP.

What is the benefit to use COVP instead of AFRU?

I still miss the planned values when the project has status TECO/CLSD - can someone help me solve that problem? Is the planned values from KBED/KBEZ/KPER created in other tables when deleted in these tables?

Regards

Lone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know, when an activity gets reverse status from TECO/CLSD to REL, then the CMP2 information get deleted. Check the current status again.

Also try reconstructing project info database using tranx. CJEN and check again. May be come data inconsistency there.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

The CMP2/3 informations of planned hours are stored inat least 3 tables - KBED, KBEZ and KPER.

When status TECO/CLSD are given at an activity the entries in these tables are deleted. If you reverse TECO/CLSD to REL the data are not recreated. (And if they did it was not helpful enough, because we would (of course) like to be able to report and analyze historic data to learn form earlier projects which are now closed).

CJEN does not change this behavior.

I have not been able to find a SAP Standard report of planned/actual hours per employee per PS-activity - I suppose it is because the data are not avaliable in the full life-cycle of a project.

If you have found or constructed a report and have identified that records deleted from the K-tables are stored in other tables or a good solution of how to construct this by Z-tables, I would be happy to receive specific information

Regards

Lone

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked AFRU Table ? It contains all the data of confirmation.

Where If you confirm activity paritally then also data gets updated.

I have also get designed same type of  report by ABAP Team.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi'

Thank you for your answer.

AFRU contains all confirmations - but does it also contain planned values from the CMP-transactions?

It is not the planned value in field "Work" at the activity Im interested in. It is the planned values per person from the CMP-transactions I would like to have in a report together with the confirmations (from CATSDB/AFRU).

If you have already a report with these values - Im very interested to know from which tables the planned values per person is read

Best regards

Lone

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI CSS.....

For your query you need to make relationship between tables

activity table AFVC where you will get hours and activity number, ID number(for relationship).

KBED table for main capacity,

KBEZ, KPER, for split  and person assignment of each period.respectively

you can compare data with AFRU table(actual confirmation table)

check note for 542941 for same.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As I wrote earlier I have already found the tables KBED, KBEZ and KPER (and can join with AFRU).

But when status TECO or CLSD is set, the planned hours per employee is deleted from these tables. (And the records are not re-created is the status is reverted).

How have you solved this problem? Do you never close the projects?

Regards

Lone