cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product category from a Punchout catalog

elias_endres
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a punchout catalog and all product categories do exist in our SRM system. When I check in SLG1, I can see all items are coming correctly. When I created a Shopping cart from this punchout catalog, my product category is being overwritten by default product category (Extended attribute). I wanted to see a product category that a punchout catalog supplier’s product category and not sure why this is being overwritten. I would think that we may not necessary need to implement BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER as we are not mapping anything , but transfer as it is. I could be wrong.  If there is any additional config required, I would appreciate any information/suggestion.

I also see the following “error” 

NEW_ITEM-LINE = 00001

NEW_ITEM-DESCRIPTION = OBLIQUE ROTARY TUMBLER,115V,33 RPM [your

NEW_ITEM-QUANTITY = 1.000

NEW_ITEM-UNIT = EA

NEW_ITEM-PRICE =                                447.3100

NEW_ITEM-PRICEUNIT = 1

NEW_ITEM-CURRENCY = CAD

NEW_ITEM-LEADTIME = 21

NEW_ITEM-VENDOR = 1503004

NEW_ITEM-VENDORMAT = WWG5UJU8

NEW_ITEM-MANUFACTMAT = 22-901

NEW_ITEM-MANUFACTCODE = GRAINGER

NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID = 1503004|WWG5UJU8|1138102

NEW_ITEM-EXT_SCHEMA_TYPE = unspsc

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY = 23131509  <<<  This is a valid Product Category

00001 I BBPWS External product category contains errors, or does not exist

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to OCI you need to transfer this Category as NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP, if you want to have it as product category.

Regards

Konstantin

elias_endres
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Konstantin,
That is good point , we get to see NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY[#] , So we would to implement a BADI to map to
NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP[#]. In our case, it is always the two values are the same.

1) NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP[#] The material group for the item in SAP SRM.
2) NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY[#] The commodity code value. xxxxxxxx

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like has been mentioned by Konstantin Ill add more to it :

Setting is done through customizing SRM--> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Content management --> Mapping for schema.You set your schema for product category (UNSPSC, ..) and then define the mapping for a schema .

Another solution is to do the mapping with a badi (BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER)

implementing BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI. You can map supplier category to your material group. Based on OCI parameter value from supplier.

NEW_ITEM-EXT_SCHEMA_TYPE

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY_ID

NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY

To answer your question

Assign material group to NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP.

Depending on what your punchout catalog has returned in the OCI data, if the external product category and schema code is provided, the program codes will determine the internal product category from the system. The mapping can be maintained in table BBP_CT_CAT.

for the category value in view source (right click on the last page before catalog application transfers the catalog item onto SRM application - select view source).If nothing is sent in the OCI, the system will use the product category defaulted in the user organizational attribute

If in case, there is no category passed from the catalog or there is no product category mapping at org unit level  SRM system will select a product category randomly

The supplier can confirm which schema he can provide (like UNSPSC 7, UNSPSC 11.2 or eClass 4.0, eClass 6.2) In case of punch out catalog if vendor and client is not using same schema, then you have to implement BADI to map vendor product category with client product category.

With my client, we have implemented BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to map vendor product category with client product category by using custom table.

Hope this helps

elias_endres
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

Thank you for your response.  In our case, it is always true that vendor would sent a product category that we have in SRM system. I recognize that we need to maintain Schema and tried several ways, but that does not seem to resolve. I am getting the default product cat (from Extended Attribue). If I don’t maintain default product category, it would take the first in the list.

Setting is done through customizing SRM--> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Content management --> Mapping for schema

In both cases, it did not work.

Schema    Shema Desc     Std.Schema   Business

UNSPSC    UNSPSC           -          1503000 (BP number)

Schema    Shema Desc     Std.Schema   Business

UNSPSC    UNSPSC         UNSPSC       ----

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just ask the catalog vendor to pass the value in the field NEW_ITEM-MATGROUP not in the NEW_ITEM-EXT_CATEGORY.

This should be an easy change for the catalog vendor to complete.

Regards,

Jason