cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to SAP system in specific windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm connected to the company server tru openVPN, it is working perfectly fine, but when I want to connect to the SAP system, it doesn't work and the detail of the error is this:

I tried to ping the system address 172.19.1.14, but it ends with request time out. I also tried tracert and it reaches the default gateway and then it is forwarded to the wrong place and after that request timed out. This is happening just in my windows 7, I tried it on different windows 7 and it was working fine. I switched off my firewall, but it still doesn't work, I didn't installed anything what could occured an error like this.  I have no idea where could be the problem. Any ideas please? What info do you need to help me out?

P.S. It was working fine, just from one day it wasn't.

Best regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

If you can't ping, obviously you can't connect the SAP GUI.

If you used the same OpenVPN client version and the same user on the other Windows 7 machine, then nothing is wrong on OpenVPN concentrator configuration.

My best guess, is that you have something wrong on your Win7 routing table. Please open a command line and execute "route print". Please check if there is any entry pointing to 172.19.1.14. Take note of it and then remove it with "route delete 172.19.1.14 ..."

Regards,

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

yes the OpenVPN is working fine.

I made what you said, but there isn't any 172.19.1.14. I also made a screen of the route print and the tracert. That 172.19.200.14 is the assigned IP from OpenVPN.

The 172.19.1.14 is not in the routing table so it sends the packets out to the default gateway and then they lost, but why?

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Must be some error with the OpenVPN client installation, otherwise the Windows wouldn't sent packets whose destination is internal, to the public IP address interface.

Could you please check the network interface preference order? Control Panel - Network - Change adapter settings - Menu "Advanced" - Advanced Settings. Check if the OpenVPN interface is on first place.

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was on the first place all the time.

But I found an error in OpenVPN log:

ERROR: Windows route add command failed [adaptive]: returned error code 1

This could cause the issue?
Should I make a screen of the whole OpenVPN log?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another consideration to also have when using VPNs and routing is that not only does your client machine need to know what the routes are, but your internal network also needs to know where your subnet is coming from.  I haven't seen OpenVPN provide a way to update dynamic routing infrastructure so you may need a static route on network equipment pointing to your OpenVPN subnet pointed at the OpenVPN server.

As for your route add error, this would make me suspect UAC on Windows 7 and you don't have the needed 'admin' priv level to change the routing table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide openvpn log file. Also provide output of tracert and route print commands from another windows 7 pc where all working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OMG I find the solution. The OpenVPN was not run as administrator and it was not permitted to update the routing table. That was all

Thank you so much, you helped me a lot to figure it out

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know it was something easy to take care of! 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

This issue is not specific to PI/PO, so this forum is not the best place to get assistance for your issue. I have forwarded this thread to the SAP NetWeaver Administrator forum. Hopefully you will get a quicker solution on this forum.

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using a SAPRouter?, have you tried to use IPs in the server application and the SAProuter?, may be the DNS is not caching the names.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm not using the SAPRoute and yeah I'm always using IPs. I think it is not a DNS issue because I'm using the same network settings all the time and it was working before.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

this is seems to be network issue and you are unable to reach the PI service. Can you try to access the PI service through other network port (which other systems are using) to check if it is network or system issue?

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean under PI service? Sorry I'm just a junior abap developer, I still don't know a lot of things.
Well we have 3 SAP systems(3 different IPs) on the same server, I can't connect to any of them.
What network port do you mean? Do you mean sapdb00 3200/tcp? If yes, I tried also other ports, but it doesn't work. I don't think it is a system issue, because I installed another win7 to my laptop and there it was working perfectly.

P.S. Sorry for my weak knowledge.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The issue is with your network. Check the below things

compare the proxy settings of your system with other system (in which sap gui is working)

compare the logon pad entries, specially sap routing string entry

and if all of this are same and you are connected using LAN cable, try to connect to other LAN where the system is working.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I don't know what proxy settings I should check, where can I find it?
And well, I have exactly the same configuration of the logon pad entries and a blank sap routing string entry(not using saproute).
I tried to connect through cable and aslo wifi from the office, home and college too, all the same results.

I have two win7 on my laptop, one is old and full of everything, there it is not working. I installed today a new one on another partition with the same settings and it's working. I must have corrupted something in the old one.

regards,

Robert

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from Microsoft

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button Picture of the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
  • Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
  • In the Address box, type the address of the proxy server.
  • In the Port box, type the port number.If your network requires separate proxy addresses and port numbers for different services, such as HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP, click the Advanced button, and then type the individual proxy server addresses and port numbers to use.
  • When you're finished making changes, click OK, and then click OK again.
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert - Try replacing the saplogon.ini file and see if that works..(copy from where it is working)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have in both win7 the same settings like this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't help. The issue is not with the login parameters.