Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition record exists, but has not been set

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have setup a condition type with condition record maintained and available. While creating sales order then sometime this condition record is not picked by the system and the following message will be there "Condition record exists, but has not been set".

The above message shows that at the time of the transaction the condition record was not available. But I have checked there is no changes to the condition record which means the condition record was available at the time of transaction.

Though there is a routine applied which exclude this condition if the customer does not have a particular partner function. But that is not the case as the customer has the required partner function and no changes done to it. But if this check fails then the system will trough message “Condition ignored, requirement # 913 not fulfilled”.

So please help me what else can be the reason that the system don’t recognize the record in some cases.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Javed Ihsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javed,

the issue may be that when sales order was created your requirement was not fullfilled, then your partner function was added but if you do not invoke new pricing after that -> SAP is not going to re-determine pricing. This message means that SAP has not applied this condition due to any reason (condition did not exist, requirement not fullfilled, wrong date used to search for conditions, blank field passed to access sequence at order create...) and when you check in VA02 - SAP finds this condition and it will be applied if you reprice the order using "new pricing".

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right this message means that sap was not able to fine the record at the creation of sales order but I dont know what is the reason that system does not find the record sometimes but find it most of the time. In those cases where system does not find the record all the requirements are fulfilled like:

Required partner function is there and there is no changes in that for the past one year.

Condition record is valid for one year and date passed is within that valid period.

But I dont know what can be the reason.

Regards

Javed Ihsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Javed,

I would check either userexit_pricing_prepare_tkomp (if you have any logic there) or requirement routine. One more thing to check is how exactly (step-by-step) the orders with missing pricing conditions were created as it may be limited for example to cases when your users create several orders without restarting VA01 (/nVA01) in that case memory is not refreshed and your logic may fail (try to create 2 orders withotu restarting VA01, 1st one - for customer which is non-relevant for your condition, 2nd one for customer which is relevant & check).

One more thing to check - are you using requirement at pricing procedure level or at access sequence level.... may have an impact as well.

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. First of all there is a routine etting at pricing procedure level but if that is not satified then system does not pick the condition record and message is different. In these cases that routine is not failing and it is passing that routine.

Another thing is that the condition record is based on sales org/dist chann/division/material.

You have also mentioned that the user might have created sales order without leaving the order creation screen. I think this will not be the reason as it behaves like the following:

1. User has created sales order without leaving the transaction and system has picked the condition records for all the materials that have condition record.

1. In very few cases the user has created a sales order for different materials (all the materials have condition record) but system has not picked condition record for one of the material. But system has picked condition record for the same material in other sales orders.

It is behaving very funny and has not left any clue yet to find out the reason.

Regards

Javed Ihsan