cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed Line Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to make the Line Chart dashed using CSS or using any other approach?

Thanks,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

you can use CSS to get a dashed line, for example:

svg g.v-m-plot g.v-datalines path.v-lines.v-morphable-line {stroke-dasharray: 5,5;}

some useful sites:

Fills and Strokes - SVG | MDN

stroke-dasharray property (Internet Explorer)

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome thanks!

Is it possible to have one line dashed and one normal line in the same graph?

Thanks,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

yes it is possible by adjusting the css selectors with :nth-child(). Just use a css selector which targets either your first or second line (if you have two lines), so you would use one of the following css lines:

svg g.v-m-plot g.v-datalines g.v-axis1 path:nth-child(1).v-lines.v-morphable-line {stroke-dasharray: 5,5;}

svg g.v-m-plot g.v-datalines g.v-axis1 path:nth-child(2).v-lines.v-morphable-line {stroke-dasharray: 2,8;}

Here a screenshot which shows what the css selectors are selecting (this is not the only way to write the selectors, just one way):

My chart type is: "Line" and after applying both CSS definitions, for both Lines, the chart looks like this now (use only one css from my example instead of both to make only one line dashed):

Regards,

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not find any CSS Option , If you find any please share.

But there is Workaround ( Lots of Donkey Work Kind & Not reasonable ).

add grid    20 Col & 1 row   with fix Width & Height .

Add Blank Text in Each Grid (Where Line Appear).

Set following CSS Style for each text in it.

border-right:thick double #ff0000;(as per requirement set color as background color of line chart ).

Opacity:0%;

If your showing minor axis you will have to set text in grid accordingly.