Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAP Scripts MAIN procesed first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hv a small doubts in SAP Scripts, they r,

1- In SAP Scripts the MAIN window is procesed very first all over the SAP Script?

2- To debug the script, after activating the debugger in Script, Shall I go & debug the Print prog step by step or just run the Transaction, e.g.

say ME23?

ThanQ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

To debug the Script, you must check the UPdate Debugging checkbox in the debugging screen, just in case the Dispatch option for the out put type may trigger the print program in update task. Once you run the transaction you can see the control stop at your script.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ Ravi,

Pls. culd u explain little bit in details, step by step?

And also pls. reply for my first doubt i.e. In SAP Scripts, Is it that the MAIN window is processed very first? If so, What is the idea of SAP behind it?

ThanQ.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The order in which the windows are triggered is determined by the print program.

The print program will call the WRITE_FORM function modules which will trigger the windiw that is passed to it.

You can see the example print program:

RSTXEXP1

The fm WRITE_FORM is called multiple times, and different windows get triggered as and when the control comes to the Function module.

And regarding your second question, in general you cannot run the print programs as stand alone(most cases) as the would not have and executable code outside the form-endform .So, to test the script, you must run the transaction after your activate the script debugging.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In Scripts, Windows are executed in ascending order of window names.

If you have any windows which starts with alphabet prior to M will execute first then your main window will execute.

You can see this by activating debugger for script.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThanQ all.

Answers (0)