cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field addition in VD51 - customer material info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have got a new requirement that, the customer material info record should be based on the plant.

Scenario:

We have got a customer X, who would want the material A to be named as ABC when it is delivered from plant 1000 and the same material A to be named as ABCD when it is delivered from the plant 2000.

But customer material info record is not based on the plant, it is based on the customer, sales organization, division and material.

Is there any way we can bring in plant as an additional field in VD51 screen..

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any way we can bring in plant as an additional field in VD51 screen

No it is not possible to do any modifications.  Moreover, I am also not able to understand your comment

who would want the material A to be named as ABC when it is delivered from plant 1000 and the same material A to be named as ABCD when it is delivered from the plant 2000.

As per Best Practice, if multiple plants manufacturers a same material, the material code should be unique across all plants under one company code.  This being the case, can you please tell me how it has been extended in another plant - whether with same material code or different material code.  Also, I believe, what customer is expecting from your client is only on the output and not in SAP screen itself.  If this is the case, you can very well achieve the same by adding this logic in the existing smartform.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,,

What I have meant is our customer would like to have the same material to be named differently when it is supplied from two different plants.

We have got multiple plants in the same state. Customer would like to track from which plant the material has come from based on the material name. Hence they have given us this requirement.

Yes, the same material has been extended to different plants with the same material code.

Yes, the end customer would want that to be printed in the output.

But, the end user, compares the purchase order material details, sales order material details and the output. All the three documents has to have the same description. If the change is just on the output that would cause confusion later.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Jake

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in Standard. However you may create the a Ztable mentioning Plant, material and the corrosponding name and call up that table while you create an order.

If i am right you will be keeping material number across all plants as constant only their description changes.

regards,

Sayantan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sayantan,

Many thanks for your reply.

I even thought of doing the same as you have mentioned.

But was wondering if there is any standard alternative to achieve this requirement, that would have been great.

Yes, the material number remains the same across all the plants, just the description would change.

But I think, that is the only option left.

Thank you once again.

Kind regards,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As already stated by Siva, you can maintain Plant in customer material Info record which will be given priority over material master during sales order processing

For customer for which there is no CMIR, Plant is determined from Material if is not maintained in Customer

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vemuri,

Thanks for the reply, but what you have explained is  about how a plant is determined in the sales order.

But, what I have asked is to determine a customer material info record based on the combination - customer + sales org + division + plant.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Jake

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
There is also a plant Option in the Customer Material Info Record which Uniqly idenetifies the plant+material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Yes, there is an option to enter plant in customer material info record, but that is for the plant determination.

Hence if you maintain a record for the material A in the plant 1000,

system will not allow you to create one more condition record for the same material and customer  combination again with a different plant.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jake