cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.4 +BO 4.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to install BI 7.4 +Bo 4.1 and need to be integrated like ECC .

I am having some doubts regarding installation and integration ,Please clarify below:

1) BI 7.4 ABAP+JAVA stack is possible or not?

2) How we will integrate BO system with BI ( IN ECC systems we will uses internal RFCs).

3) While installing BI system we need to take any precautions ?

Please suggest De merits and merits

Advance Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Dude,

1.Yes it possible for both BI 7.4 ABAP+JAVA stack

2.Integrate BO system with BI pls refer below links

SAP BI and BO integration | SCN

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2118469

Integration of ECC systems with BI 4.0 | SCN

3.Same as for ECc  check above links for same....

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeem,

As per the master guide Please see the below ,still can we able to install the abap+java

CAUTIONSAP NetWeaver discontinues Dual Stack deployments

SAP NetWeaver discontinues Dual Stack deployments as of release 7.4. No update or update of optional dual-stack SAP NetWeaver systems is supported to SAP NetWeaver 7.4 and higher (and already as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 with SAP enhancement package 1, you can no longer install optional dual-stack application systems). Also for earlier releases than SAP NetWeaver 7.4, SAP recommends to avoid optional dual-stack deployments where possible.

The only exception to this rule is SAP NetWeaver Process Integration on a traditional database system, which still requires a dual-stack implementation. However, note that a single-stack SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Java (Advanced Adapter Engine Extended) exists that offers 95% of the features of classical dual-stack implementations.

Therefore, you should investigate if a Java-only implementation of SAP NetWeaver PI is a feasible approach for your use cases. Due to the harmonized process orchestration stack (SAP NetWeaver PI and SAP NetWeaver BPM running on the same Java instance), many of the ccBPM features in SAP NetWeaver PI can be expressed using SAP NetWeaver BPM capabilities instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As of now my requirement has been changed we need to install BI 7.4 as ABAP and AS java separate boxes .

Please let me know where can find as ABAP and as java media in service market place .

As of now I am able to see in service market place below link but not able to find as aabap and as java.

I am using below link if i can download the below link total media if I can achive as abap and as java systems

Installations and Upgrades - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.4

Please sugegst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please suggest the BI 7.4 media download path .

Its very urgent for me I need to install as abap and as java systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

Please suggest any one where can we need to download sap netwevaer 7.4 .

Thanks

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

hello dude,

You will find installation master cd in SWPM.

In additional you need to download java component and export cd.

Java component for java stack.

follow these path  Installations and Upgrades - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.4

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

In installation cd which u will get from swpm will have seprate option application server as abap and other will be application server as java.

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

yes BI 7.4 ABAP+JAVA is possible.

No precaution is needed for BI installation.just do simple installation as you did for ecc.