Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date based excise condition calculation in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

My tax procedure is TAXINN and R/3 is ECC 6.0 with EHP4

Is there any config / condition master maintenance through which we can get the following results in MM cycle:

1. Excise percentage to be considered as 12% where posting date is <17.02.2014

2. Excise percentage to be considered as 10% where posting date is >=17.02.2014

Else, what is the other alternative.

Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the excise condition % as 10% with validity date up to 16.02.2014 and maintain the same conditions with % as 12% with validity date 17.02.2014 to required date in FV11. Test the scenario and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the same in test system with FV12 (as the condition record already exists) with following steps:

But I did not find any option to maintain two different for validation of this condition i.e.<17.02.14 and >=17.02.14.

Please note tax procedure is TAXINN

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot have to valid dates in FV11, but can have a valid date as you need to have that conditions to be active upto date.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using a condition table with validity period in the access sequence, system will always show validity period in FV11. Please check the screenshot below:

Condition Table:

FV11:

FV13 Display:

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the requirement is as under

1. Against same Tax code where JMOP or JMIP maintained @ 12% should get calculated (during GR w.r.t. PO and other transactions) if posting date is prior to 17.02.14 and 10% if posting date is 17.02.14 or later.

2. If this is possible there will not be any requirement to change tax code in PO lines against which delivery is pending.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

For information, the requirement is for all POs and not for specific vendor, material. The requirement / case is as below

1. Against same Tax code where JMOP or JMIP maintained @ 12% should get calculated (during GR w.r.t. PO and other transactions) if posting date is prior to 17.02.14 and 10% if posting date is 17.02.14 or later.

2. If this is possible there will not be any requirement to change tax code in PO lines against which delivery is pending.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your requirement you cannot have two valid dates to be assign for same tax code.

Rather you can create two tax code for same condition and maintain validity as 01.01.2013-16.02.2014 as 12% and other tax code as 10%  from 17.02.2014-01.01.2015.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create two different codes in that case validity date maintenance would not be required as separate tax code itself would serve the purpose. What if FV12 is maintained for JMOP (for each tax code having existing percentage as 12) for 10% and validity date as 17.02.14 to 31.12.9999. In this case, will the system behave like as below;

1. For posting date prior to 17.02.14 JMOP will be calculated @ 12%

2. For posting date after 16.02.14 JMOP will be calculated @ 10%

Kindly confirm / help in providing other alternative.

0 Kudos

Create Condition record for JMOP condition type in FV11 transaction code by putting the validity start date 17.02.2014 to 31.12.2999 and enter required rate here (Please note after creating the condition record validity to period for old tax rates will be automatically set to 16.02.2014)

In order the adopt the said procedure, the condition table must have the Validity period option checked as suggested by AKPT. This would be best and possible option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

AKPT has suggested with Plant,Material,Vendor combination whereas my requirement is irrespective of that i.e. for all PO line items whereever said condition record is applicable (based on tax code).

Pl guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Config is there as per your first screen shot

But, in FV11 key combination available is "Tax Classification"

On going forward following screen appears

pl advice.

0 Kudos

Just check what are the tables assigned to your Access sequence assigned against your Excise condition type JMOP.

I believe, you have assigned JTAX access sequence in your Excise condition type JMOP. Have checked it.

If you dont have assigned the said table 363 Plant/Vendor/Material in your tax procedure then you would not get this key combination while maintaining condion record in FV11 for JMOP condition.

You can adopt the solution as i suggested in my previous reply even with Tax classification key combination. But, you will have to copy the Existing tabe 003 and change it to 651 or 901 etc and have checked the Validity period option while creating a new table.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OBQ1 and check the access sequence assigned to your tax condition type JMOP. Go to OBQ2 and note the condition table assigned to the access sequence.

Go to M/03 - display mode and then enter the condition table and check whether the "with validity date" indicator is flagged as per my previous screenshot. Please let us know the condition table also.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Access sequence in JMOP is MWST.

Condition table assigned to MWST is 003 (tax classification)

in M/03 "with validity date" is not flagged as under

0 Kudos

You can change the Access sequence to JTAX where ever required in OBQ1 transaction code.

Just create a new table by copying the standard table 003 to some 651 or 901 and ensure the Validity periods option is checked while creating the same. After creating the table insert the table in the Access sequence JTAX in OBQ2 and save it.

And then you will be able to maintain condition records with Country code / Tax code combination in FV11 with the required validity periods.

You can even insert the above table in MWST access sequence also. Check both the options and adopt any one solution as per your business needs.