cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenarios that bypass ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are interfaces like File to File in SAP PI 7.1 where we only create the ID objects and no ESR objects are created.

What are the benefits of such interfaces?

When do we actually use such scenarios where we bypass the ESR part?

Can this be only implemented using the ICO?

Except for File adapters can such scenarios exist for JDBC/SOAP adapters?

In what kind of Business requirements do we actually recommend to bypass the ESR part?

Please help me with the above queries.

Regards,

Shaibayan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to give clarity on some points.

Pass through -->We do create DT/MT/SI but both source and target structures are same so no mapping required(expected message is xml).

By pass -->When PI need to blindly pass the file/message (whether it might be xml or non xml or image)

For Bypass scenarios generally we go for ICO because we can by pass integration engine part.

Steps for Bypass scenario creation:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700058f0-b1a1-2a10-39a8-ab2627b87...

Regards

Venkat

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When do we actually use such scenarios where we bypass the ESR part?

-->> The benefit of scenario is no need to develop ear object so no maintains, transport required. But the benefit is not significant in case of less interfaces.

Can this be only implemented using the ICO?

-->> I think you can develop using ICO (I never tried).

Except for File adapters can such scenarios exist for JDBC/SOAP adapters?

-->>For soap sender you need the service interface in PI, so you can not avoid the ear part. for soap receiver you need to build the output message is web service structure so you can avoid only if you get the desired output from source.

In what kind of Business requirements do we actually recommend to bypass the ESR part?

-->> I don't think there is any business requirement to bypass esr part. This is decision of technical architect or developer to bypass esr not to create esr object.

there is no business or performance advantage of not creating any esr object. in file to file scenario where no transformation is required esr can be bypass.

regards,

Harish

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When there is no mapping involved then we design our scenario without esr objects as already mentioned.

Benefits are  less objects,  good performance.

Regards,

Munich.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>What are the benefits of such interfaces?

Central PI monitoring is one the biggest advantage of using PI is such kind of by pass scenarios + guaranteed delivery

But having said so, these scenarios are certainly possible without using PI also but we as an integration consultants generally avoid doing it, so that each and every integration pattern  in a landscape comes inside a single umbrella i.e PI (middleware) which provides lot of other features.

In addition to that, PI also provides u the luxury of transferring large files by chunking them into smaller units which eventually enhances performance.

>>When do we actually use such scenarios where we bypass the ESR part?

Hope i answered above

>>Can this be only implemented using the ICO?

Why not? u are free to do that

>>Except for File adapters can such scenarios exist for JDBC/SOAP adapters?

I have used this kind of pattern for passing idocs to ECC system (without any mapping) using java idoc (sender was pushing data to PI in Idoc xml format so i have avoided ESR part), so i don't see any reason why it should not work for JDBC/SOAP.

>>In what kind of Business requirements do we actually recommend to bypass the ESR part?

When there is no transformation needed, u can think of bypassing ESR part or skipping mapping.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava