cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while executing FIORI Leave Approval App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts-

I am currently facing issues while running the FIORI Leave Approval App where we see "HTTP 404" Errors once we click on "Leave Approval" tile.

The surprising part is that same page opens up fine when running from Chrome/Safari/Firefox for Desktop/Mac. Its only when i open the App in iOS, i see HTTP 404 errors. I see following logs in the Gateway System. I have verified all the customization related to Approval in Gateway and did not find anything in particular.

Database lock for Service 'ZTASKPROCESSING_0001' could not be set.  I also saw the post which talks about similar problem but I am not able to find from where should i check "Service URL" and "Target URL" for this entry.

Any help here would be appreciated.

-Amit

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as we identified the original problem. iOS has time out of 10 seconds set by default. Any ODATA call which takes more than 10 seconds will be killed. We were getting 404 errors in QA but in production everything worked fine.

We are currently working with SAP on fixing the long run times in backend ECC systems (for couple of DB calls for HR tables)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Did you find a solution for the problem?

Br Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike-

The issue was with 10 second time out in iOS. The error only came in QA landscape as it was less powerful as compared to Prod. For production we did not see this error.

I have listed the solution in the above post also.

-Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

HI Amit

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am getting the same error on Purchase requisition. However Please note that, Purchase Orders works with no issues

Thanks

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted-

We did not resolve our original issue and are still working with SAP DEV support currently.

To fix the errors related to "Database lock for Service 'ZTASKPROCESSING_0001' could not be set", please perform the following in SPRO in Gateway system.

You basically need to activate the Metadata caching so that SAP does not go everytime to fetch it from backend ECC or SRM system.

SPRO -> SAP ->Customizing Implementation Guide -> SAP NetWeaver -> Gateway -> OData

Channel -> Administration -> Cache Settings -> Metadata -> Activate or

Deactivate Cache.

-Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for your quick response, problem solved

Thanks

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Setting external break points is the best way for troubleshooting.

You can find the call stack info in the /iwfnd/error_log.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa-

We tested further and found the following-

- Upgraded the SAPUI5 from 1.16.3 to 1.16.7.

- The Leave Approval works fine from workstations (Chrome/firefox/Safari).

- The leave approval works fine from Chrome on Android (Samsung S4/S3)

- The leave approval gives error for the same user which was tested above in iOS 7 (Safari) in iPhone and iPad.

We ran fiddler traces for iOS and found that the following URL is not giving result - .

Get /sap/opu/odata/GBHCM/LEAVEAPPROVAL;mo/LeaveRequestCollection?$filter=(SAP__Origin%20eq%20'SAPCLNT100'%20and%20(TaskDefinitionID%20eq%20'TS12300097'))%20and%20FilterGetAllRequests%20eq%201

When trying to open this URL directly in Safari in iOS, i dont get any results in XML and instead the URL gets transferred to iOS podcasts app which is very weird. Here is the screen print. Since this works fine in Android, do we need to check on anything in iOS?