Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have a business scenario here

we have multiple activities in a network,Now our client want is explained below

For an instance,

I have

two activities say 1510,1520.

Under the activity 1510 we need activity elements starting from 1511,1512,1513 and so on.

In our system what is happening is under activity 1510 if user click on activity element overview in CJ20N, system generated sequence for activity elements are displayed.

My question is can we have our own numbering system rather than system generated numbering system.

to be more clear our client wants

1510 as activity

1512 as activity elements displayed automatically.

i hope my question is clear

Note: our client doesnot want to add manually the activity elements.

Can someone post the answer as soon as possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheendar,

As per my understanding u r saying that first u have created all the activities and after that u want to create activity elements under each activity.

if that is the case system will not provide automatically sequence number u have to go for ABAP development.

Regards

Avinash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Correct me if i am wrong...

you want activities to have a step of 10 (0100 then 0110 etc) and activity elements to proceed with a step of 1 (0101 then 0102 etc).

Since activity and activity elements are controlled through opuu (as was mentioned) both will have same steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheedhar,

Yes, it is possible. You go to network profile (OPUU). Under Network tab, you will find Op./act. incrmt field. Just put 0001 as new entry over there. In your case it must have been 0010 as of now.

Just change it to 0001 and save it.

Then check your entry. Your job is done. Now whenever you create new activity it will come as 1510,1511,1512 and so on

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for answering.

But my question is about the activity elements

I agree in OPUU if we change the increment to 0001 it will change the numbering of the activity,but how about if i need to control the activity elemetn numbering

Ex if  the activity number/operation is 1500

then i need activity element/sub operation number as 1501,1502,1502

Adding to the above question, i want to know from where these activity numbers are generated automatically.

Can we give our own series of numbers to these activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tested the solution given by me.? I have tested this scenario. Its working absolutely fine even for activity elements.

I mean, If I am having activity number 0020 and if I want to create activity elements below activity 0020 then I am getting activity elements as 0021,0022,0023 and so on.

Request you to test this once again at your development client.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria