cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Vs Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am having some doubts relating to Package and Schema in the context of HANA.

So far I know following points

Package is needed for delivery purpose (transport to quality and production server as per the landscape)

Schema is needed for logical grouping of tables and views.

I have following mentioned Doubts

1 While creating table from flat file , I now where found the ways to associate the newly born table with already defined package.

2 I found newly created table (from flat file) is shown under catalog node where package lies under content node.

Here I got confused - :

Why table cannot be under package .  Please let me know if there are some steps I am missing to make table visible under package node.

If table cannot be associated with the package then how It can be transported .

Thanks

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The table which you create in catalog node is runtime version of the table. To create and transport a table you have to create table using SAP HANA XS, where in you can create design time version of table - assign it to delivery unit and transport it as well.

To achieve this, you must add HANA XS system , create repository workspace, and do the entire set up for the same. You can take help of developer guide for this.

Finally in project explorer view , you can create table definition which would be .hdbtable type.

This can be exported using delivery unit.

Thanks,

Richa

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In future versions, you may want to use .hdbdd instead of .hdbtable to create the tables under a package.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you want the table to be transportable you can create a .hdbtable using XS. which creates a design time file in the repository and enables you to use change management as well.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu