cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro to get the demand from the previous bucket to the current bucket,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help me write a macro to move the demand from the previous bucket to the current bucket?

The requirement as weeks passes by, the demand of the past week(if not met), should meet to the current bucket. The current bucket should hence show the total of the demand of the previous weeks and the current week. Hence of the demand of the current month is released in the 3rd week, the SNP planning book show accumulated demand of the previous 2 weeks in the 3rd week, in addition to the demand of the 3rd week.

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

We have acheived this requirement in our case as follows:

1. We are using Forecast (additional) key figure (FC) for this purpose.

2. Every week, we execute the copy backlog macro, which makes the key figure FC=0 and copies the backlog (unconsumed) forecast in key figure FA in the initial column.

3. Macro:

Delete FC in the initial: Forecast (additional)=0

Forecast (additional) in the current bucket =

Forecast (from initial)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u send me the exact macro that you have developed?

i have used the follwing logic for my macro. But it is not giving the desired result.

I am copying the previous bucket's data to the current bucket and deleting the data of the previous bucket.

But it is not giving the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I am giveing you the steps of the macro:

- Macro -> Right click: Add Macro -> Give description for the macro, settings for execution: Detls only

- Step 1: Add backlog in current bucket: -> User defined processing area:-> From period: Initial To period: Initial, Iterations: 1, Missing values: replace with 0, Processing direction: In future

Row: Forecast (additional): Column start: first current bucket =

Row: Forecast column start: Initial

- Step 2: Delete backlog FC in the initial column -> From period: Initial, To period: Initial, Iterations: 1

Row: Forecast (additional): Column start: Initial =

Operator/Function "0"

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Murali.J

Answers (0)