cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 for a customized field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created a customized field in an item.

This field does not propose any values when user clicks the drop down button.

After the item is saved, user clicks the drop down again and is able to see values for selection.

Any hints to check or any missing configuration proposal is appreciated.

Thanks

Hilton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hilton

Can you confirm that you have done all of the following:

1. Defined field in the CI section of item d table. You referenced field to new/existing domain - domain has either set values listed as possible entries, or is referenced to a value table. If value table was referenced you also specified search help in item d table for that field

2. Under Global field settings -- > Define Custom Field Configuration you then specified under the Field COnfiguration the field name and linked this to associated service name 00000000000009 (Advanced Search). Under the UI Configuration section you have made this field visible

3. You then Assigned the field to view/subview

I suspect your issue may be with point 2 where you did not link the field to the specified service. Can you please check and let me know

Thanks

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hilton,

It would be great if you can provide more information about your problem. As of now, I am assuming that you have created a custom field in RPM side (item) and you have knowledge about all the necessary WD components. In order to get the dropdown values as soon as the item is loaded, you can write the code for dropdown entries in WDDOINIT method of the relevant WD component (e.g /RPM/ITEM_DETAILS). Also, you need to check for all the relevant conditions and then provide the entries in (pre/post)exits of WDDOMODIFY or BEFOREACTION methods.