Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from MDM 5.5 to MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need a suggestion.

We are upgrading from MDM 5.5 version to MDM 7.1 Following the upgrade guide I am upgrading the Import maps to 7.1. In the middle of the update for the catalog item "CURRENCY" its is asking me to select the XML Schema and give a message saying "The Map was created using XML schema. But its not used in port defenition . Please select the correct XML schema".

I thought this will be provided by our SRM team. But they are not aware of this because the team who implemented MDM is no more with the project.

Could you please help me out? How can I see the XML schema of a particular Catalog Item?

One more query as well. I am in the process of upgrading from catalog 2.0 to catalog 7.02. My understanding is that the catalog version after the upgraded would be the SRM_MDM_CATALOGUI component version in the NW Java. Is my understanding right or is there a way to explicitly find the catalog version?

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramanujam,

I can try help you with the Import maps upgrade part.

If you want to see which XML Schemas available in your repository, you need to use MDM Console client, under the relevant repository, go to Admin->"XML Schemas".

If you whan to see the Port defenitions where Import maps are used with XML schemas, same path except that this time you go to  Admin->Ports.

Best Regards,

Amir Atauna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Thanks a lot for the reply.  I have scrapped the system for the upgrade. Waiting for my Infra team to give me a new server. Will check your suggestions and come back.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to sort it out with your suggestion. Any idea my other query?

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanujam,

I am sorry but I do not know the answer to your other query because it falls outside my expertise areas.

You should open a new thread with this specific question so people can immediately see if they can give an answer.

Best Regards,

Amir Atauna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir, Will do that. Before that I have opened a new thread for another issue. Just posting it here in case you have faced this before

I have upgraded the MDM 7.1 catalog 3.0 to MDM 7.1 catalog 7.02 SP10.I have got stuck in the last step where we upgrade the repositories, where we use the linkhttp://<hostname>:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~mdm~srmcat~uiutil/Utilities.

When I click on the upgrade repository link the page just hangs and nothing happens. I am not sure if its the IE problem is it really a problem with the MDM Java Components. Not sure what logs should be checked.

Any idea/help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Bharath

Answers (0)