cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security error during ESR builder call

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was going to post this in the Process Integration and SOA Middleware forum but I believe its still a BASIS issue.

Running NW PI 7.31 SP10

When My PI developer calls the ESR Builder, it launches the ESR Builder and then I get the Internet GUI JAVA security error.

I'm thinking maybe its related to my JCE security files. I checked the server and using the ones that came with the SUM tool.

What do others think?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, it might be an authorization issue.

I'm using my J2ee_admin account. When im at my Processes intergration tools page and click administration, I get an error.

Now If i look at the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/68587b8ec53260e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

the SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR role has 2 roles listed there that my system doesnt have.

SAP_ESF_ADMIN

SAP_PAF_ADMIN

My System does not have these 2 roles.

Question is, would missing these rules cause my particular issue? I tried googling them to see what they do, but cant find much.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The latest error is due to lack of authorizations.

The first error you had is related to JRE.

If the first error was observed on a different machine when accessing the ESR and the same error is not observed when you launch the ESR from another machine then the problem could be with the local JRE. (just guessing).

I believe the roles SAP_ESF_ADMIN and SAP_PAF_ADMIN are not required anymore.

This note is speaking about deleting those roles and is valid for the release you have.

1601392 - Error during installation of the dual stack

I am not sure which role will fix the authorization issue but you may try adding the ones based on these links.

Standard Users (Dual-Stack) - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

Creating the Users and Roles on the ABAP Engine (SAP Library)

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it was a couple of things.

For one, Authorizations. When logging in with PISUPER, works fine on the developers desktop.

Having Security copy to his profile.

But still on my PC, i still get that Key error.

Now I'm 100% sure its a Java client issue.

I will continue to figure it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my desktop, I removed JRE 1.6 patch 18.

Installed JRe 1.6 ptach 20.

Works.

Not sure if it was the uninstall and reinstall of java, or the PL.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check whether this SAP note can do some help.

1770625 - PI: Launching the Integration Builder fails with InvalidArgumentException

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Deal. Installed, rebooted the server same error.

Question, could this be an error from the workstation? Our workstations are locked down and we only have 1.6 JRE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's definitely problem with the JRE on workstation. First check with Java Control Panel which JREs are enabled for web start. You can also trace th error as described in SAP KBA 1891480 - How to enable logging in Java WebStart console. Upload trace file here as attachment.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

IAIK.addAsJDK14provider

Possibly an issue with the JDK on the system.

Try updating the JDK and see if that helps.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloading 6 update 45, will try and see