cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Area: Key fig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I created this planning area by copying the std 9ASNP02, the scenario I am using this planning area doesnt apply for VMI, can I just delete those key figs related to VMI or just to retain them. Whats the best solution, if I retain them would that by any way effect on performance or in other case effect the standard macro calculations.

Thank you

Mono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

The number of key figures in planning area has direct effect on the Live cache performance. The more key figures you use, the more memory is required and the performance will be hindered. I suggest deleting the unwanted keyfigures.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu:

Thank you for the reply, What would be the effect on macros if I delete those keyfigures which I am not using.

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Macros are based on the order of key figures in Data view of Planning book(assuming you create macros on Data views).

The system stores the key figures in the order they are in planning area. The same order appears in planning book.You can ofcourse select only some of the key figures in planning area. So they are interconnected and whenever you add or delete a key figure, make sure that your macros are working properly as you are changing the order they are stored in live cache.

As Harish and Somanth mentioned in your previous post, add them at the end of the structure and check for planning area and macro consistency every time you to this.

Thanks.

Answers (0)