SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Planning in SAP IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement for a client (Fast Food chain) we want to implement IS-Retail with some production planning.

Here is the process we want to model:

1. Raw materials are procured externally

2. The raw materials are transported to stores

3. the stores convert the raw materials to finished products

4. Finished products are sold via POS.

My question is this.. i know it is possible to use production planning is a system with is-retail activated, but is it possible to use the production process on articles that have been maintained with mm41?

i have tried this in a sandbox and i am not able to create a recipe or production version for the article. i get the error "

Article master record xxxxxxxx not found in site xxxxx"

i tried this with an article maintained with MM01 and it works...if anyone has any experience working on a similar scenario please share

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This could be accomplished using Sales Set functionality in IS Retail. First create component articles using MM41 (Article category 00). Then create Sales set (Transaction MM41 with article category 10) for the finished product and then setup BOM with Components in Basic Data screen.

You can carry out Purchasing functions for the components. When you sell the Sales set, components get deducted according to the BOM.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2b/b03886df3611d1953b00a0c930e0da/content.htm

Thanks,

Venu