Can't i say thank you

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi moderator,

i have written a blog in career center

now one member has written as shown below

and i replied as "Thank You Srinu."

Moderator, please i wants to know, why this has been rejected, what is wrong in this

I got this message from moderator, please tell me what wrong i have done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect because a lot of people are getting sick of the endless comments chains which are basically:-

Thx, great blog

-> Thx for feedback

->-> Thx

And each comment earns a like, and the author more points.  If all you want to do is say "thank you" to someone for commenting, just use the "Like" button - it is what it is designed for.

So many people are abusing the comments section of blogs and documents to gain numerous likes and therefore points, just for saying "Grt blog, thx!"  This just takes up space, adds noise and generally lowers the overall quality of content here on SCN.

Cheers,

G.

p.s. I suspect it was me who "alerted moderator" on these comments, and will continue to do so now wherever I see them.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gareth Ryan wrote:

p.s. I suspect it was me who "alerted moderator" on these comments, and will continue to do so now wherever I see them.

And it was me who deleted the "Thanks".

As Gareth explained it's pointless to keep posting "Great post" and "Thanks" in replies. This will create an endless stream of useless comments which in turn drown the "good comments". As a rule you did not violate the RoE but its good practice to avoid/reduce this "noise".

On an experimental basis I randomly deleted a few such comments to spread awareness about this "noise". Of course readers need to appreciate and encourage bloggers to post good content. And the best way to express this appreciation and encouragement is the "Like" button. So lets use that instead of the long chain of worthless comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

pk

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope moderators across all spaces start doing this,

What about the original comment, does'nt it need your 'awareness about noise' attention too

Benedict

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, it was a random act. Not intended to target anyone!

I will try to do more clean-up as and when time permits!

pk

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do this exercise from time to time, and have recovered some worthwhile discussions as a result, that had been lost in a morass of triviality.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to share a blog to you....

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Points systems destroying human communication and basic courtesy. Tech spaces are most prone to this. It's always nicer to get an actual thank you than a "Like".