cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher 7.41 Installation and Configuration(Standalone)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my landscape like below

SAP ECC --> SAP NW GW 7.41 ABAP stack --> SAP Web Dispatcher 7.41(Standalone DMZ).

all are above different physical servers and we are already successfully installed ECC and GW.

Here my questions is

1.Is it mandatory to  select ABAP or Java Stack during the installation Web Dispatcher (Standalone) ?.

2.If it is mandatory for the above landscape, ABAP/Java or Dual-stack is required ?.

Can you please give suggestions on above questions .

Thanks,

Syam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Web dispatcher is a standalone installation. It need not to have ABAP/Java instance.  Please check installation guide for web dispatcher.

Thanks,

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Do you really have JAVA and ABAP in the DMZ or are they behind the firewall?  Installing the standalone SAP Web Dispatcher on a separate sever in the DMZ is cheaper solution?  My standalone 7.41 Web Dispatcher was installed with SWPM10SP06 on a Microsoft 2008 SR2 64-bit server.

I have it connecting to both ABAP, Java, and HANA instances using one profile.  I do not believe there is a Java 7.41 Web Dispatcher. You will need to create JAVA and ABAP specific connection parameters in your "standalone" 7.41 SAP Web Dispatcher.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a related question.  How do you enable logging of https requests in the web dispatcher ?

Pl. advise.  Thank you.

Franco

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Franco,

You should open a new thread for that, as your question is not related to the installation of the Web Disp., but to configure one of its features.

Anyway, take a look at this existing thread.

Regards,

Isaías

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

1.Is it mandatory to  select ABAP or Java Stack during the installation Web Dispatcher (Standalone) ?. 

No, You can install the SAP Web dispatcher as standalone instance

2.If it is mandatory for the above landscape, ABAP/Java or Dual-stack is required ?. 

No,

Kindly refer the link and Notes

908097 - SAP Web Dispatcher: Release, apply patches

538405 - SAP Web Dispatcher: composite note

Regards

Ram