Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Child role Org value update in GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for solution for updating mass org values in child roles via GRC 10.

Here is situation :

I have Created Org Map in GRC for around 40 Companies and we have ~500 Parent roles. then we created ~20,000 child roles for all company codes using org map feature in GRC in one shot.

Now we are facing issue where we have given wrong values in Org Map for few Org Variables and these wrong values are now available in more than ~5000 child roles.

is there any way where we can do Mass update child roles ?

Regards,

Satyajit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit

Have you looked in NWBC as the mass role update functionality?

Although you made a mistake, this would be business as usual requirement to be able to do.

You will need to fix your org map in the IMG and then perform the mass maintenance of the roles via NWBC Screen - Access Management > Roles Mass Maintenance

One of these contains update per Org Map.

Regards

Colleen

13 REPLIES 13

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit

Have you looked in NWBC as the mass role update functionality?

Although you made a mistake, this would be business as usual requirement to be able to do.

You will need to fix your org map in the IMG and then perform the mass maintenance of the roles via NWBC Screen - Access Management > Roles Mass Maintenance

One of these contains update per Org Map.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks.. i will check this feature.

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen, Satyajit,

would you mind showing a screenshot of "update per Org Map."?

In "Mass Role Update" I can only find "Organizational Level Values" for which I can only change an old value to a new value. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

I want to repopulate the org level values of several derived roles based on my org level maps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your configuration. If you have used the org mapping feature. THan you must have the option to update org values in Derived roles...

It's a feature of BRM.

Thanks

Munish kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit.

one question on your Mass derivation: How did you maintain the role description of the 20K derived roles?

From my understanding during Mass derivation that has to be done manually (copy+past) as the description of the master role is not copied to the derived role.

Thanks and regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

we have used excel formula to create Child role names based on Parent role description and Org Map entitiy combinations.

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

Hi Styajit,

many thanks for your response. We also have create an Excel formula to create the role descriptions accordnig to the Master roles.

Anyhow we are struggling with lots for drag and drop work during mass role derivation as NWBC does not allow to copy&paste more than one Excel cell at a time.

Do you have any solution for this? I guess to derive some hundred roles generates a lot of work that could be saved if copy&paste from Excel would work for a couple of cells.

Thanks and regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Yes, it is a painful activity in NWBC.we have created 20K roles in one single day using NWBC.

Satya and I did this one.

1)You need to select setting option and select number of rows to 500.we divided all parents into BP and SUBBP.In this case, you can easily select relevent parents.we used different role attributes to select parent roles.

2) Copy child roles from excel and paste in NWBC , it will allow you to do it.

3) process it.

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

we have prepared an excel sheet that would allow us to copy&paste multiple rows per selection of Master Roles in Mass Role Derivation process.

Also the number of rows has been set to 500.

Anyhow following your approach it´s not possible in either NWBC desktop or NWBC browser to copy and paster multiple excel cells. Only one Excel cell at a time is pasted into the NWBC cell currently selected.

Please see screenshots below:

Then clipboard should be pasted to NWBC Mass Role Derivation menu

But only first cell is pasted. So we have to copy and paste each cell manually which gives us a hard time.

Anything we can do to have all cells pasted in one shot?

Thanks and regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

As per my understanding, you are copying only desriptions of role.When we did, we copied role and role description at one go and pasted in there.Try this.

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

if I leave all fields name/descr/profile blank and do a copy&past it also only pastes the information into the first row/field "name". Nothing from the clipboard is pasted somewhere else.

Are you using any special tab-delimited feature or so to paste the information?

Thanks and regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

HI Markus,

I changed rows.

1)Master role

2)Child role

3)Description

It is working fine for me.

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

unfortunately there´s no way to paste more than cell at a time into Webdynpro ABAP table like in Mass Role Derivation.

I have checked SCN article

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-37714

to enable a functionality to paste multiple cells but this would mean to customize the SAP standard code.

Regards,

Markus