cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding sending email alert through RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam creating an email alert to my Alert Inbox via RFC when Message mapping error occurs and I created a UDF which contains the following code

public void UDF_ALERT (String[] message,String[] Category,ResultList result,Container container){

try {

Channel channel = LookupService.getChannel("RS6CLNT800","CC_UDFALERT_RFC");

RfcAccessor accessor= LookupService.getRfcAccessor(channel);

String rfcxml="<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><ns0:SALERT_CREATE xmlns:ns0=\"urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions\"><IP_APPLICATION_GUID/> <IP_CAT>ALERT_MESSAGE_MAPPING</IP_CAT> <IT_CONTAINER><item><ELEMENT>SXMS_ERROR_CODE</ELEMENT> <TAB_INDEX>0</TAB_INDEX> <ELEMLENGTH>250</ELEMLENGTH> <TYPE>C</TYPE> <VALUE>node not available</VALUE> </item> </IT_CONTAINER></ns0:SALERT_CREATE>"; //Generate XML Structure......

InputStream inputStream= new ByteArrayInputStream(rfcxml.getBytes());

XmlPayload payload = LookupService.getXmlPayload(inputStream);

Payload rfcOutPayload = null;

rfcOutPayload = accessor.call(payload);

}

catch(LookupException e)

{

throw new RuntimeException(" Error in raising Alert", e);

}

}

but still Iam not getting mail to my Alert Inbox

and I created my Alert Category in R/3 system.Is it fine...

please help me reagrding my UDF and also anything further needs to be done

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikram,

just see the below blog which explains how to trigger alerts from UDF using RFC(if you didnt see this blog yet)

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

also have a look at the following links to see how to define alert category, alert rule etc properly

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

To test if your Alerts have been defined correctly, go to SE38. type RSALERTTEST and then click on execute it will ask you for your ALERTCATEGORY, give the name of your ALERT CATEGORY and click execute.

If you configured alerts properly you will get a message that tells "alert is generated" and will give the ALERT ID.Now, go to RWB open ALERT INBOX and see if you have got the alert message in your ALERT INBOX.

Kind Regards

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand what you are trying to do.

In XI if you want to create alert use Alert Framework. you can refer to FAQ provided by Michael or you can also visit SAP Help for Alert Framework.

For mapping related alert you can define alert rule in Runtime Workbench for your sepecific sender/receiver combination.

Regards,

Gourav

--

Please rewards point if it helps you.