Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InformationSteward 4.2 and compatibility

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

we're having this error message when I'm trying to view Lineage in Bilaunchpad:

"This functionality requires SAP Information Steward 4.2 or later installed on a remote server and configured for the BI launch pad. Refer to the SAP Information Steward documentation to enable this feature (http://help.sap.com/bois42)"

SAP finally released the version of Information Steward that is fully compatible with SAP BI 4.1 and it really works, but now this... I do not understand - is it so complex to develop tools that are normally compatible and customers do not have to install this on separate machine  and view lineage from  Information Steward?

At the moment there is no chance to use Data Lineage in BiLaunchpad, only from Information Steward interface...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please specify the details of your installation? Because that's not clear to me. Linux or Windows?

Do you have IS and DS installed on the same server as BIP? Or do you have BIP and IPS/DS/IS on different servers? The error message definitely refers to the latter configuration. If that's the case, then find the instructions to configure the integration in section "7.10 Configuring BI Launch Pad for Information Steward" of the IS Administrator Guide.

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Linux, RH6 Enterprise. Information Steward is configured properly  - exactly as it's written in the User Guide. I think that the problem is with deployment, because I use Apache/Tomcat deployment, not the default one with only Tomcat in it. Split deployment also seems to be well supported, but reality is different. I see no error messages in log files

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

read that already, but thanks anyway. It seems that SAP is not able to create compatible software normally