SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM payments reconcile to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

We have a question from our client I am sure has come up elsewhere, which is how to reconcile FM payments by Fund to FI.

Their question is can we report on cash payments in FI using the Fund dimension (they have NewGL) to compare this to FM reports for value type 57 payments?

I assume bank clearing does not have the split dimensions form the original invoice so I don't see how they can get this information.

Is there a cash flow report that can be run using the Fund dimension for this.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Ellen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bank clearing accounts' item category should be 04000. It will split based on the split dimentions. So, if you defined fund as one of the split dimentions, bank clearing account will split by fund just like vendor/customer accounts.

Standard reconciliation functionality in FM can be configured:

1. Define reconciliation data slices:

spro -> public sector management general settings for public sector management -> information system: reconciliation -> define reconciliation data slice. Here you need to define two slices: one uses FM actuals as 'Provider', the other uses split ledger as 'Provider'. The issue is SAP only provided 7 'Providers'. For split ledger, only ledger 95 (US Federal Government) can be used. So, if your split ledger is not 95, this will not work.

2. Define reconciliation rule:

spro -> public sector management general settings for public sector management -> information system: reconciliation -> Define reconciliation rule. Here you'll say you want data slice1 = slice2; you also need to specify the fields you want to use as selections. In your case, it will be fund and GL account.

3. Run report RFMFGRCN_RP1 through menu path Public sector management -> Funds management -> Information system -> Analyses -> Reconciliation. Give the desire fund(s) and bank clearing account as selections when running the report.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

Just realized that even if your split ledger is not 95, you can still use this functionality. At the time of running the report, you can overwrite ledger 95 with your own ledger.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FI-FM reconciliation could be very 'ungrateful' task. But, since your client has New G/L (and I guess, PSM scenarion with FMGFLEXT table), fund dimension is incorporated in FI reports. So, I don't see any problem...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes they are using FMGLFLEXT.

I fear also that it could be a difficult task, and that the customer will not understand why this is the case.

I am wondering which report might give the payment comparison by Fund.

If the comparison is not possible, what would be the rationale why this is so?

Am I right that the bank account documents cannot provide this information?

Thanks so much,

Ellen

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ellen,

Do you mean comparison between FM and FI? There is no stnadard report for this. You will have to build a report taking data from FMGLFLEXT and FMIT for totals (or FMGLFLEXA and FMIFIIT - for details).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bank clearing accounts' item category should be 04000. It will split based on the split dimentions. So, if you defined fund as one of the split dimentions, bank clearing account will split by fund just like vendor/customer accounts.

Standard reconciliation functionality in FM can be configured:

1. Define reconciliation data slices:

spro -> public sector management general settings for public sector management -> information system: reconciliation -> define reconciliation data slice. Here you need to define two slices: one uses FM actuals as 'Provider', the other uses split ledger as 'Provider'. The issue is SAP only provided 7 'Providers'. For split ledger, only ledger 95 (US Federal Government) can be used. So, if your split ledger is not 95, this will not work.

2. Define reconciliation rule:

spro -> public sector management general settings for public sector management -> information system: reconciliation -> Define reconciliation rule. Here you'll say you want data slice1 = slice2; you also need to specify the fields you want to use as selections. In your case, it will be fund and GL account.

3. Run report RFMFGRCN_RP1 through menu path Public sector management -> Funds management -> Information system -> Analyses -> Reconciliation. Give the desire fund(s) and bank clearing account as selections when running the report.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

Just realized that even if your split ledger is not 95, you can still use this functionality. At the time of running the report, you can overwrite ledger 95 with your own ledger.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ming!

Great that you replied because I had just started to look into this reconciliation option.

I dont suppose there is any documentation on configuring this?

Th IMG doc is not up to much.

Cheers

E