Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create operation through SEGW

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it mandatory to implement Read operation(GET_ENTITY),when we are creating creation(CREATE_ENTITY) ..WHY?

Thanks,

Syam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

As Krishna said , This might get problem only in Gateway client . When you use Create Operation , it uses Read Operation as a response to create . To get this response it will throw a warning to implement Read operation . Instead you can just redefine get_entity with blank implementation in DPC_EXT.

Thanks.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

This might only be a problem in Gateway Client. Check in other browser based rest clients. You may not face the issue.

IMHO Logic behind the warning: The response of a CREATE operation as per ODATA is the entry itself. To get this entry, GW Client might be making use of read operation. Hence the warning.

Thanks

Krishna

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

According to me it is not mandatory but then if you implement 1st create operation, you need to know how you will pass HTTP request data while testing create operation.

if you implement read operation then you can get the response data (GET) and then using button "Use as request", you can copy the response to request and perform POST operation.

Regards,

Chandra

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for quick response.

When i am executing POST method from GW_CLIENT getting exception like below.

"Method 'TAB_GET_ENTITY' not implemented in data provider class."

Thanks,

Syam

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

I am not sure why you should get this error as this error will be coming for GET_ENTITY. Are you sending data in HTTP request screen with POST operation? Can you share screenshot?

Regards,

Chandra

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Below of the screenshots FYR.

When I am executing with debugging mode till works up to CREATE_ENTITY and also calling the BACK-END-RFC after that it's calling GET_ENTITY method that time getting exception.

Even when generating the project getting warning message says like my first post screenshot.

Thanks,

Syam

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you just redefine get_entity with blank implementation? Just do it in your DPC_EXT class and check it again.

Regards,

Chandra