cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Order Billing stuck due to Material without sales view

Former Member
0 Kudos

A material document (GR) for a material without sales view was mistakenly post to a PM service order.

Later while billing (DP97) the service order, I got the error "Sales view not maintained for material XXXX"

Then we cancelled the material document.

But still, we're unable to bill the service order with DP97.

Please advise (as we do not want to delete an entire PM service order for one erroneous material document)

Both the material document and the reversal are present in the list of actual costs in the PM service order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard vf02 ---select line item----condition tab---update option---select carry out new pricing will update if any changes in the before invoice.like the same in DP 90 check any options are there to update the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhuvanashree,

DP90 does not have any such option.
However, I noticed that DP90 also picks up the cancellation documents.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please extend the Material to sales view and try

Using MM01 for the same Material you can extend the views

Hit Enter,

and choose sales views 1 and 2

in the next screen you will get

which will be extended

try and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we do not maintain sales view for the material type.

That is the issue.

Is there any way to perform billing (DP90) after posting a goods reversal document that cancels out the costs of the material??

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

without sales view of Service material, you cannot create DP90 for Service order

This is standard

I dont think this can be bypassed even through code, may i know the reason for not maintaining the sales view?

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I agree that we cannot create any sales documents for a material without sales view.

But the material document for the service material has been reversed and

DP90 picks up both the material doc and the cancellation doc and does not allow us to run DP90 for any other costs/expenses on both the dates.

The reason for not maintaining the code is that the service material is non-billable and hence, sales view has been disabled for the material type.

What we need to do now is to run DP90 for the other correct costs/expenses. But one incorrect entry does not allow any other costs to be processed. Please suggest a way to bypass the incorrect entry and process the other documents with the same posting date.

Message was edited by: Abinash Nayak