cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro customizing mode with add the parameter "&sap-config_mode=X" at the end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have been trying to get the customized version of the standard EM UI (Webdynpro ABAP component) by adding "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. but we couldn't get the customized page as  mentioned below in the screenshot2.

We have been followed the below document for the same.

As mentioned in the above document, we have checked the required authorization to the user that user needs authorization S_DEVELOP or S_WDR_P13N. this authorization is already have to the user, but still we did not get the screen in customizing mode as you mentioned after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. For us there is no difference in the screen after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. Please check the screenshot1 which we are getting currently after adding the parameter.

Kindly let me know whether any specific settings or change is needed to get the screen as  mentioned in the screenshot2 below after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL.

Currently we are getting the below screenshot after adding the parameter "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL at the end of URL.

Please get back to us on this. To know background of this issue, please check this SDN thread, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3498897

Screenshot1 : Where we are getting currently after adding the parameter "&sap-config-mode=X"  at the end of URL. (There is no difference in the screen mode after adding the parameter.

Screenshot2 :

The below is the kind of screen ( custom mode)  we suppose to get after adding the parameter  "&sap-config-mode=X"  at the end of URL.

But we are getting the same, instead we are getting the screen like in the screenshot. please provide the root cause of the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

By adding url parameter &SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X would not get you the customizing screen directly but it goes into the admin mode and now you can configure the application and save it in a transport.

Please follow the below points

• Add url parameter &SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X and run your application
  • Go to the text "Tracking Scenario" and click the right mouse button to see the menu options as below

• Choose "settings for current configuration" option as shown above, now the screen for changing text should look like this

• Change the text and save it into a transport request

Please refer the below document for futher assistance.

Customize view fields using application configuration in Webdynpro ABAP

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Please clarify me the below points.

1) I hope that you understand more about my requirement, which is required to change the text for tracking scenario in webdynpro UI , here webdynpro which we are using standard webdynpro component /saptrx/em_fpm_ui  for SAP EM application.

2)  Please let me know to do this change , the user should need any specific authorization in SAP user profile. Just now I tried the same as per the steps provided by you above, but I couldn't get the same what you mentioned above even after right click on the tracking scenario.

3)  Since ours is standard webdynpro ABAP component (FPM standard), should we need to do any core changes or implicit enhancement is required to achieve this requirement. please let me know

4) In the other SDN thread (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3498897) Daniel mentioned that this can be achieved In the customized component we can change e.g. the OTR texts that are used for the different label and headings to fulfill our needs. Can you please brief about how to get this done by using OTR texts.

We wanted to achieve this requirement without any code changes in the webdynpro component, especially without core code changes or implicit enhancement.

Regards

Sudhan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

The below authorizations are required ( which is already known to you )

S_DEVELOP or S_WDR_P13N

Are you getting the option " settings for current configuration" when you right click on the mouse?

Please share the snap shot of your right click menu options

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

You are right, currently i dont have authorization for S_DEVELOP, let me check with other developer who has authorization for S_DEVELOP. I hope that only one authorization is required either S_DEVELOP or S_WDR_P13N, not required the authorization for both.

Could you please provide your response on the below points to achieve this requirement.

1)  Since ours is standard webdynpro ABAP component (FPM standard), should we need to do any core changes or implicit enhancement is required to achieve this requirement. please let me know

2)  In the other SDN thread (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3498897) Daniel mentioned that this can be achieved In the customized component we can change e.g. the OTR texts that are used for the different label and headings to fulfill our needs. Can you please brief about how to get this done by using OTR texts.

We wanted to achieve this requirement without any code changes in the webdynpro component, especially without core code changes or implicit enhancement.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

Yes, either of the authorization should be there.

Please refer the help link as below

Authorization checks in Personalization/customization- Web Dynpro ABAP

Let me answer your questions as below

Sudhan Gharish wrote:

1)  Since ours is standard webdynpro ABAP component (FPM standard), should we need to do any core changes or implicit enhancement is required to achieve this requirement. please let me know

For personalization, It is not required to do any thing at component level like enhancements

Sudhan Gharish wrote:

2)  In the other SDN thread (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3498897) Daniel mentioned that this can be achieved In the customized component we can change e.g. the OTR texts that are used for the different label and headings to fulfill our needs. Can you please brief about how to get this done by using OTR texts.

While developing applications we create OTR texts and use otr for the labelling/for title. So, that these are easily maintainable.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

We will implement the same with required authorization and come back to you soon if we will get any issues.

Can you please let me know last thing whether this change (personalization) can be transportable like regular ABAP transportation or it is totally different transport altogether.

Regards

Sudhan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundan,

Its like regular transportation. Nothing specific to the personalization

Please follow the below steps to create OTR and link to the text

• Create OTR text by using t-code SOTR_EDIT  or

you can also create by using WD view menu Go to --->  Online Text Repository--->Create

• Get the OTR text alias like $TMP/ZTEST_1
  • Now, paste the otr text alias instead of hard coded text as $OTR:$TMP/ZTEST_1 ( you can refer the document as suggested in the previous reply )

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

Hope your issue is resolved and you have marked the answer as correct.

I think if someone has same requirement like you and if he/she wants to refer this, it wont give them the helpful and correct answer by looking at your marked answer.

Hence marking the right answers as helpful and correct answers will make sense.

Please mark the answers, those really helped in solving issue as helpful and correct answers.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Can you let me know how to give points to SDN thread as your answer was very helpful to me in order to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

Please mark all answers as helpful ( Only if its helpful ) and mark a answer as correct answer which closely meets your requirement i.e. The correct answer is the one which really helped in resolving your issue.

Hope I clarified your doubts.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama ,

please let me know what are the changes could be done by using admin mode &Sap-config-mode = X in FPM configuration ( standard configuration) Currently i understand that we could have done the changes in UI text. Please let me know in addition to do that what else could be done?

Please share any of the documents regarding this. Thanks

regards

sudhan

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

In admin mode,  we can customize the view ui elements and properties for all users like hide/show, label change, set width, hight, tooltip changes, set read only, etc

Please find the below document

Hope this helps you in understanding personalization

Regards,

Rama