cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemble to Order (52) with SubContacting/External Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a scenario where we are implementing CTM with ECC Strategy 52 mapped to APO Strategy 30.

But this only works for inhouse manufactured products, i.e. with Proc Type = E.

CTM doesn't create any supply for subcontracted or externally procured products from a different plant.

For e.g.

Scenario 1 - We have a Finished Product A, where we have released independant forecast on a DC. This is an external procured product from a manufacturing plant. If we set the Product A at DC with procurement type = F, CTM doesn't create any simulative STR to put the distribution demand on manufacturing plant. Hence all the lower level semi-finished products at manufacturing plant are not being planned.

Scenario 2 - Finished Product B at a manufacturing plant is subcontracted. The forecast is released at manufacturing plant. But with Strategy 30 defined with Procurement Type F, CTM doesn't create any simulative subcontracting PReq's. Hence no dependant demand is generated for the BOM components that needs to be supplied to the subcontracting vendor.

In both the scenario's, we were looking for CTM to create a simulative STR or PReq to pass down the demand. And only when you get a sales order, should the system create a regular STR or PReq.

I believe this is a common scenario across businesses, but CTM doesn't support that, or may be i'm missing something.

Any insights on how to model this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh

If you have not gone through these SAP notes, here are the links -

Note 519070 - Planning without final assembly (documentation)

Note 1241642 - Recommendations about consumption.

Refer this SCN thread  for Strategy 30 with SNP-CTM :

It is known that APO has many limitations on Planning Without Final Assembly strategy, it is possible to achieve the same objective using simple enhancements like BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_INTERACT etc.

Hope this will give you some insight.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare