cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Split during TSCOPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am copying a key figure from one planning area to another planning area... both based on different POS but with some common characteristics that are enough for grouping.. of which product and location are common chars

In planning area 1, I have

Product P1, Location L1 has a certain key figure KF1 in a series of buckets - value of 5, 5, 5 , 5 , 5 ....

Product P2, Location L1 has a certain key figure KF1 in certain bucket - value of 20, 20, 20, 20, 20......

In Planning area 2, I expect

Product P1, Location L1, KF1 - value - 0, 0 , 0 ,0 0....

Product P2, Location L1, KF1 - values - 25, 25, 25,25,25

How do I achieve this without using RLGCOPY in planning area1 ?

Business speak: Somehow planners want the demand of Product P1 at L1 to be transferred to P2, from a certain date (I need to figure out how and why that certain date will be derived using some crooked macros in DP) and they should be able to see it in some data view before the release happens to SNP or ECC.

Please advice. I have checked the BADI for TSCOPY and that seems to exist for some methods ... e.g. method CHANGE_DATA_BEFORE_SAVE but I am not sure if this can be used to implement this business requirement.

Other creative suggestions welcome.

This is pretty much like using product split A > B - 20%, A > C - 80% but product split happens DURING release of DP. What is changed in not seen in the data views. Am I correct ?

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,
I did not think out a good idea on this. Is it a must to use TSCOPY? Maybe using the get/set key figure value BAPI is more flexible - you can read the value from certain CVC and set it to other CVC as you like, and you can modify the value between get and set
BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada, yes. I think some more "standard" options can be provided in this TSCOPY job. Something similar I would expect in TSCUBE too.. I did not personally foresee need for latter but copy jobs should do something more than copy.. coming from something like SAP that has 101 options in other programs esp. in ECC that most people do not even use :-).

Regards

BS

Answers (0)