Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound CLFMAS Structure to ECC

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Like to understand the general inbound structure for CLFMAS IDOC to ECC. External system is creating the idoc and it is sent to SAP to update equipment class and characteristics. Have done the setup of Ports and partner profile and i believe we have to use CLFMAS for Class / Characteristic update.

But struck with identifying the required structure, we are having E1OCLFM, E1AUSPM populated, but not able to fully understand all the required segments...is there are way to know what segments does SAP require ....say by creating an outbound CLFMAS idoc, can we replicate the same? Have done Outbound IDOC earlier.

Can you please guide me on how in general to approach inbound Idoc message types to SAP? and what is the best practice to understand the required segments. thx

Ganu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the structure of an IDOC does not change based on inbound or outbound.

find the structure in WE30

if you want update classes, then use CLSMAS

to update characteristics you need to use CHRMAS

CLFMAS is the classification, the object specific values for characteristics in a certain class.

18 REPLIES 18

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the structure of an IDOC does not change based on inbound or outbound.

find the structure in WE30

if you want update classes, then use CLSMAS

to update characteristics you need to use CHRMAS

CLFMAS is the classification, the object specific values for characteristics in a certain class.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen L. To Understand better...

We have existing class and characteristics as part of a Equipment in IE02, all we need to do is update the value of the characteristics alone...say from A to B or C or so on on daily basic for that Equipment or list of Equipments.

Please note we dont want to update POSSIBLE values of the characteristic - infact there will be no possible value for those characteristics...we just need to replace the existing VALUE with new value from the IDOC.

The Inbound IDOC will have Equipment and list of characteristic values to be updated.

Can you please suggest whether CHRMAS03 will be used for this? thx

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before talking about IDOCs and automatically, you should always test if you can do it manually.

If you know the transactions, then it is easy to match with the IDOC

CL03 class maintenance = CLSMAS

CT04 characteristics maintenance = CHRMAS

IE02 Assigning class to Equipment and adding classification = CLFMAS

What you describe is somehow a bit confusing. If you are an ABAPer, then your current request could be compared to exchanging a field in an append structure on a daily basis

This does not really sound logical to me.

What you could do instead, is to have all possible characteristics in a class, and the value for such characteristic is then just "Active" "inactive"

0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen L,

Thanks for the response. Let me explain bit more...sorry for being bit confusing.

We have external systems collecting equipment characteristics values every day. Currently we do have those corresponding equipment's already available in SAP.

Now the requirement is to have a daily batch job that will transfer required values from external system to SAP system thru IDOC to update the characteristics in an equipment.

We dont want to do it thru flat file, hence we are looking for IDOC type that will update these characteristic values on daily basis thru IDOC transfer.

In TCODE CL20n, we can provide equipment, then select the class and update the characteristic values, we are looking for this exact functionality but thru IDOC's.

Hope this clarifies. Plz let me know if more details required. thx

Ganu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you do in CL20N is actually CLFMAS IDOC.

You assign classes and maintain values for existing characteristics. CL20N does not allow to add new characteristics. if the class is already present in the equipment, then you just maintain values only.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen L, Thanks a lot for your prompt response, Yes ..we do have the class and characteristic as constant for equipment, all we need is to update the characteristic values from external system.

The characteristic we want to update will be Text and Date and we should be able to pass any value from the external system (in the required format)

you reckon CLFMAS will take Equipment/Class/Characteristic Name as input and will keep changing the characteristic values to update? I believe we are NOT talking about possible values of characteristics?

thanks in advance

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

noI am not talking about possible values, I am talking about real classification.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, I am checking & building the CLFMAS IDOC structure and trying to set it up in WE19.

But thought it will be better to generate an outbound idoc (possibly thru ALE), so that I can understand how the segments are built. is it possible to do so? if so what will be transaction or program (similar to BD91/92/93) that will trigger outbound IDOC for ALE .

Basically is there a transaction or stand alone program to transfer equipment ( similar to RBDSEMAT- to generate IDocs  for Material ) ?

0 Kudos

Hi Ganu,

Here are the programs to trigger IDOC for CLFMAS.

LCLUTU01

RBDSEALL

RBDSECLF

RCCLDIHI

SEWGRF01

Thanks,

Sharath

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No there is no similar transaction to BD10,

you need to use BD93 and select by class type or by classes via multiple selection

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jurgen. I am making good progress of CLFMAS, will post the steps, once i am complete. thx

0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

These programs don't trigger CLFMAS per equipment, these are for ALE CLFMAS overall transfer. I was looking for transfer of Equipment class char values. thx for your help though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ganu

there on some douments based on the basic type in WE60.

i think the validation will not happend on IDOC layer, but when post the idoc to application.

i mean nomatter what kind of data transfer from outbound, it will store in inbound(FM IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB). the real validation is happend in IDOC_START_INBOUND.

So you can check the segment whether is required is in WE02, it will return the status of the inbound, if lost some filed, it will inform you.

regards,

Archer

SharathSYM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganu,

I got a similar requirement for Configuration profile CU42 - CNPMAS,

I am sending the Characteristics first then Classes if both are succesfull, then I will send IDOC for CNPMAS, as before sending Config profile we have to ensure wether the chars & class exist in ECC.

I have planned for bapi approach for Chars & class & if I get return success message then I will send Config profile through IDOC's. Maybe you too can use this approach.

Experts,

Need you comments wether is there any better idea?

Thanks,

Sharath

nagarjun_kalletla
Participant
0 Kudos

We had a similar requirement.

Actually we must use ECMMAS (Change Number) concept to have this in sync with the non sap.

What you can do is.

Don't enter the values for character at CT04.

Assign values to the Character's in Class @ CL01 here always use Change number while you change Characteristics values.

CC01 is Tcode for Change number creation.

Change number will have valid from date in this way you can achieve what you are looking for.

If you try to delete the Characteristics from Configurable Object The assignment cannot be deleted.

To display a where-used list, choose Display class -> Environment -> Where-used list -> In configurations.

However, you can only delete the assignment with Engineering Change Management.

0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarjun,

We don't use ECM for CT04, & can't use IDOC's for class & chars as it is asynchronous.

Using BAPI because of that, unfortunately we don't have BAPI for CU42 thats why using IDOC for Config profile.

-Sharath

0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Order we should follow IDOCS is

ECMMAS

CHRMAS

CLSMAS

MATMAS

CLFMAS
CNPMAS

We can also assign values to character with change number, But the best practice we found of is using at class level to assign the values at CLSMAS class level with change number and that will be fine.

Config Material thus changed with Change number used in past dated Orders will not be effected.

ganu_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thanks for the response, but i think i am bit confused on why we need change number and why we have to use all these idoc types ECMMAS, CHRMAS, CLSMAS, MATMAS, CLFMAS , CNPMAS

My requirement is to update or overwrite existing characteristic value of an equipment.

Every equipment will have same class and characteristic, only the value will come from external system and we have to update or overwrite the existing value. No Need to maintain any history of the old values or change values.

So all we need is a IDOC Message type that will take Equipment/class/characteristic as input and will update the characteristic value.

Can you please advise on what IDOC type to use or should i use multiple IDOC type? thx

Ganu