Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Inbound CLFMAS Structure to ECC

Hello Experts,

Like to understand the general inbound structure for CLFMAS IDOC to ECC. External system is creating the idoc and it is sent to SAP to update equipment class and characteristics. Have done the setup of Ports and partner profile and i believe we have to use CLFMAS for Class / Characteristic update.

But struck with identifying the required structure, we are having E1OCLFM, E1AUSPM populated, but not able to fully understand all the required segments...is there are way to know what segments does SAP require ....say by creating an outbound CLFMAS idoc, can we replicate the same? Have done Outbound IDOC earlier.

Can you please guide me on how in general to approach inbound Idoc message types to SAP? and what is the best practice to understand the required segments. thx

Ganu

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Before talking about IDOCs and automatically, you should always test if you can do it manually.

If you know the transactions, then it is easy to match with the IDOC

CL03 class maintenance = CLSMAS

CT04 characteristics maintenance = CHRMAS

IE02 Assigning class to Equipment and adding classification = CLFMAS

What you describe is somehow a bit confusing. If you are an ABAPer, then your current request could be compared to exchanging a field in an append structure on a daily basis

This does not really sound logical to me.

What you could do instead, is to have all possible characteristics in a class, and the value for such characteristic is then just "Active" "inactive"

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question