cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split a giant VC model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a huge VC-application which definitely has to be split into several models. Of course, I have to pass data (like keys for example) between the several models. Ideas?

Eventing --> works only on one page --> page is too small for all iViews --> size of iViews cannot be controlled by the application --> no solution?

Calling pages with params --> vc-iView cannot call a url in the same window (i.e. replace itself by a different iView) --> no solution?

Any ideas on how to split a vc application? Or on dealing with huge models?

Best Regards,

Benni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How about spliting it into smaller models by using start point and end point ,and then you can form a process with the models using CAF.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

you mean by implementing guided procedures? Interesting idea. This solves the issues of passing parameters and displaying iViews. However, as far as I know, guided procedures are used for people integration. I.e. to implement processes of several people involved.

I fear that designing an application, where

search data -> display data-> select data-> modify data

are four steps within a guided procedure, performed by one single person, would incredibly slow down the whole application.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin

I dont think search data, display data , select data will incredibly slow the application. All the steps can be performed by a single person. With this, Your VC model will be splited and deployment will take less time as well as simultaneously people can work on models.You can give it a try if no other solution is found.

Thanks

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran,

I will try that. I hoped there might be another solution. For example controlling the size of differenz iViews on one page. I will post a specific question for this idea. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards, Benni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about using nested iViews? Is the regular procedure to not run in the 32K bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

it is not (only) the 32k-bug, we are quite familiar with this old friend

Some reasons for splitting the model are

- deploying takes hours

- modifiying and testing minor changes involves the whole application

- only one developer at a time can work at the model

- complexity of the application

Best Regards, Benni