cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table import stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I am trying to import an external definition of a table using a JDBC reciever CC.

The JDBC is also used for interfaces and working fine.

When I search for the table in the DB - I get it alright, but when I mark it and press finish the GUI is just stuck in waiting.

I have looked in the CC monitoring and saw that the CC processed 2 messages - one after I clicked on display and

the other after I clicked finish.

Can anyone please assist?

I don't think this is a credentials issue, as I get the table name when I hit display...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just tried to use a different DB (this time oracle) - and this time the import table worked in a couple of seconds. So I guess this is a problem with the DB.

Can anyone give me a reference to the credentials I need to use for getting the dbtab?

also - maybe this is because the PI is installed on oracle and the DB in question is MSSQL?

Any lead will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Imanuel Rahamim.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the user has "Execute" permission on the schema .

Reference : GRANT Schema Permissions (Transact-SQL)

- maybe this is because the PI is installed on oracle and the DB in question is MSSQL?

No. We can connect to N number of databases. All we need is to make sure the proper drivers are installed. However you have confirmed that other interfaces are working fine for the same database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user is has administrator credentials on the DB.

I have logged in with the user and made a successful SELECT query on the table.

Will open OSS now as well...

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if you have the fixes in note 1966817 Importing External Definitions in Enterprise Service Repository gives error. This fixes a current known issue with this functionality.

Regards

Mark

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer the below blog for your problem, it might help

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thanks for the link - I can't check it right now but I might later.

However I don't think this is the issue as I already said this channel is used and working correctly on an interface. so there shouldn't be any communication problem.

thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

Have you tried deleting your Java temporary files?

Does the table have many columns?

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried to delete temp files - still not working /:

0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel,

Could you share the table structure, especially number columns and column types?

Regards,

Karthik

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel - Is it only the problem with this perticular table? Can you try importing any other table and see if it works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

It is happening with any table I try, and so far in 3 different computers with different java version installed on them.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imanuel - May be it could be that the user doesn't have enough access privileges to that perticular schema?

May be you might want to check the table strcture to see if there is any cutomization involved in it(something like below)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522526(v=sql.105).aspx