cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wdDoModifyVidew(...) is not processed during appl. initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've created a WD application with several views. In some of them I have to modify the UI elements dynamically, so I implemented the method wdDoModifyView(...).

But now I have the problem, that the method isn't processed during the initialization of the application. The method is processed the first time if i do a refresh or if i fire an action.

In other projects the wdDoModifyView(...) is processed during the initialization of the application too.

Does someone have an indea what the problem is?

Regards, Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've just found the reason for the problem: It is the reportException(.., true) method. If you suppress the navigation the wdDoModifyView() method won't be processed!

So in my case the problem was the following:

During the wdDoInit() method of the controller I call a function in the R/3 backend and in the exception handling i called the reportException(.., true) method. So if the call of the function raises an exception the reportExecption method is called and then the wdDoModifyView() method won't be processed.

Regards, Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of paramater "firstTime" in wdDoModifyView.

If (firstTime)

{

//Do

}

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> You can make use of paramater "firstTime" in

> wdDoModifyView.

>

> If (firstTime)

> {

> //Do

>

> }

>

> Regards, Anilkumar

Sorry Anilkumar,

but if the woDoModifyView() method isn't called, you also can't use the fistTime flag!!!

Regards, Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first time wdDoModify is processed is after the wdDoInit(). There after it is processed after all events or any modification that occurs to the output i.e it acts some what like a process before Output.

Might be able to help you if you can explain the scenario better

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is, that the wdDoModifyView() isn't processed after the wdDoInit(). If I Run the application, the default View is displayed, without passing the wdDoModifyView(). Even in the debug mode if I set a breakpoint on the first line of wdDoModifyView() the breakpoint is never reached after running the application. The breakpoint is reached for the first time if I e.g. press a button ore something like that.

Regards, Marcel