cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD application changes not reflecting after release activity.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using NWDI track for WD application changes. As part of application changes, I have created activity and released & imported into Consolidation, Assemble, Test, Approve.

But I couldn't able to find changes done in application in any for the runtime systems.

On track run-time systems configured like Dev -> Qty -> Preprod systems.

Please let me know where exactly the issue should be.

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Take a look at the deploy logs from the track you deployed from. For example, go to the "Test" tab, click on "Go to History", change the time frame to when you deployed, click on the SC that was deployed and then click on "Details". Take a look at the logs, especially the SDM-deploy log.

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please find log at TEST level - we are using custom WD application.

Repository-import -

Info:Starting Step Repository-import at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0883 +11:00

Info:Step is not executed. Import of Archives only. Repository import not needed.

Info:Step Repository-import ended with result 'not needed' at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0895 +11:00

CBS-make-

Info:Starting Step CBS-make at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0899 +11:00

Info:Step is not executed. Import of Archives only. CBS build not needed.

Info:Step CBS-make ended with result 'not needed' at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0901 +11:00

SDM-deploy-

Info:Starting Step SDM-deploy at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0905 +11:00

Info:empty list of archives for deployment: nothing done

Info:Step SDM-deploy ended with result 'not needed' at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0908 +11:00

Thank you,

Ajay

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

M S N V Anjaneya Devara wrote:

SDM-deploy-

Info:Starting Step SDM-deploy at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0905 +11:00

Info:empty list of archives for deployment: nothing done

Info:Step SDM-deploy ended with result 'not needed' at 2014-02-13 22:29:38.0908 +11:00

Thank you,

Ajay

For some reason the NWDI thinks that the SC has already been deployed to that runtime system.

What you will need to do is create a new activity in NWDS (eg: add a comment), check it in, release it and re-assemble the SC. Since this will be a new SC, the NWDI should be able to overwrite the old deployed DCs.

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have a query here is, while assemble I could see a drop down to Select Component with two items
1. client.com.MYTRACK

2. All components

Here which option to select.

I am checking the option as you said, and keep you update in few minutes.

Thank you,

Ajay..

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have a query here is, while assemble I could see a drop down to Select Component with two items
1. client.com.MYTRACK

2. All components

Here which option to select.

I am checking the option as you said, and keep you update in few minutes.

Thank you,

Ajay..

Ajay,

Can you please include a screenshot?  Are you in the Assembly tab of your NWDI track?

0 Kudos

Yes I am in assembly tab and attached screen print.

Thanks.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay

I assume that the "com.MY" is the SC that you want to re-deploy? If so, then select it.

What version of NetWeaver is your NWDI on?  6.40/7.00?

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

NWDI version is 6.4

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

please note that the support has ended for 640. I strongly recommend to plan upgrade as soon as possible.

As per the PAM (https://service.sap.com/pam) even the extended maintenance is over since last year:

Release to Customer:31.03.2004
General Availability:01.01.2005
End of Mainstream Maintenance:31.03.2010
End of Extended Maintenance:31.03.2013

Best Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I totally agree with you on NWDI version but we are in a middle of the urgent deliverables. If there is any fix on this please suggest.

I tried the way Stefan explained but no luck. At Test phase, SDM import not happening.

Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks,

Ajay.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then just do the manual deployment, what's the big deal?

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin & Stefan,

I found the issue and fixed. Now changes could able to see in Quality & Preprod systems. But in Development system I couldn't able to see changes.

Our runtime systems configured like below on track -
DA1 -> developement

QA1 -> Qty

XA1 -PreProd

There is another development system DA2 which is used for WD code test by using SDM password.

While import the activity through track code not get updating in DA1 system.

Here my doubt is, at what stage data changes will be imported in DA1. What could be the reason for data not updating in DA1.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Ajay.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after checkin&activation, it will be deployed to dev runtime system. if i am not wrong

0 Kudos

Thanks Jun.

So what could be the reason the code changes not reflecting in DA1 development runtime system after checkin & activation where as code changes reflecting in other two systems Qty & Pre Prod.

I was checked sdm password of DA1 which is working fine.

Thanks

Ajay.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jun.

So what could be the reason the code changes not reflecting in DA1 development runtime system after checkin & activation where as code changes reflecting in other two systems Qty & Pre Prod.

Is the option "Disable automatic deployment" enabled for your DA1 development runtime?

SAP Library - Administration Manual

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The check box is not enabled for run time systems.

As Jun said, after checkin & activation changes deployed in DEV system? Please confirm and what would be the file extension.

Once activity get released, activity will be available under consolidation tab, upon import, the changes will be available in consolidation system and what would be the file extension & location of the files on server.

In Test tab, I could see file extension is SCA after import & approval and to move this SCA file to production portal where I need to place the file. I believe, in prod portal there would be multiple nodes configured.

Also I am planning to establish track connection but in Test or Approval tabs I don't see such option.

Appreciate your help.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The check box is not enabled for run time systems.

As Jun said, after checkin & activation changes deployed in DEV system? Please confirm and what would be the file extension.

In the "Activation Requests" view, you will see the status of activity that you checked in. Next to the Activation ID, you should see two green check boxes. The first is the result of successful CBS build and the second will be of a successful SDM deploy. Do you see two green check boxes?

Once activity get released, activity will be available under consolidation tab, upon import, the changes will be available in consolidation system and what would be the file extension & location of the files on server.

The DC is extracted to the portal file system and will be located somewhere in /usr/sap///j2ee/cluster/server0/apps. If you have more than one node, validate that it is being deployed to all nodes (check the time stamp).

In Test tab, I could see file extension is SCA after import & approval and to move this SCA file to production portal where I need to place the file. I believe, in prod portal there would be multiple nodes configured.

Also I am planning to establish track connection but in Test or Approval tabs I don't see such option.

Here is an excellent blog on setting up track connections