cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRMSS_REMINDER_OF_DATES

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hoping this is the correct area to ask this question.

I am working with implementing the Web Dynpro Abap component for Reminder of Dates.  I see in the component configuration there are some filter values that can be set to display birthday or anniversaries.  However, they don't appear to be respected by the actual component.

There is a global attribute on the component controller mv_disp_bd that should control whether or not birthdays are shown.

Within the GET_ROD method of the componenent_controller, there are two potential calls to the wd_assist->get_reminder_of_dates.

On the ONACTIONON_SELECT method for the MAIN view, mv_disp_bd gets reset regardless of what you have selected in the component configuration.

If I toggle in the component configuration to NOT display birthdates, This is not respected by the code.

Even though we are hiding birthdays, we are still showing anniversaries.  Given that we are also still showing the tabbed view.  Within GET_ROD of component controller wd_assist->get_reminder_of_dates is still called with mv_disp_bd instead of the value LS_FILTER_VALUES-DIS_BIRTHDAYS.

I was going to open an incident but was hoping to confirm that this is in fact an issue and I'm not just missing something.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This discussion thread should have been posted to the space.

Anyway, regarding your question. You should configure the filter values in the Web Dynpro Application Configuration, not the Component Configuration. Where exactly are you using the Web Dynpro component and in what context? MSS Home page? What SAP version are you working with? Remembering another discussion thread from you, I think you are on EHP7. Is that correct? In that case HR renewal specific MSS content is relevant to you, see the documentation for details.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Thanks for replying to me once again.  I thought about posting my question in the ESS area, but then thought it was an MSS component and there was no area for that.

The only place I see to change the filter values is within the component configuration, in fact that particular WD Pro component does not even have an application or application configuration associated with it.

The component you linked looks alot smoother and sleeker like the rest of renewal but it only seems to do Birthdays and Anniversaries, it doesn't seem to read Monitoring of Tasks from IT0019 which is really what we were after which is what landed me on SAP Library - Manager Self-Service in SAP NetWeaver Business Client in the first place.

If you are aware of something similar for Monitoring of Tasks, I'd be grateful as I haven't found anything yet.

Otherwise, it looks like I'm configuring the Reminder of Dates correctly to hide birthdays, I just need to open an incident to have it looked at.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct. The component is included in the Team overview page of MSS as an invisible component. The documentation does mention that it can be called for selected employees but I don't see how.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to this discussion thread there is a POWL query that can be used. The other option is of course to include the component in a custom overview page.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/0d/d419a132c54befb6af6baf24398dec/frameset.htm check here and there ll be application parameters to be able to control this

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

Can you expand on that.  I looked through the link you provided and do not see what you were referring to.  Were you referring to application parameters for HRMSS_REMINDER_OF_DATES sepcifically?  Or were you referring to some of the other items Samuli was referring to?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Open SE80 -> Open Webdynpro component HRMSS_REMINDER_OF_DATES

Open the Component Configuration HRMSS_REMINDER_OF_DATES, you can see it there Please see note 1748040.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

That's what I was referencing to begin with, we already copied this to a Z component config, set the display birthday to no and it still shows.  I thought you were referring to something else.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you apply the note above? and check your Z config is called

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

My apologies, I did not see your reply earlier.  Yes, our Z config is called.  I have opened an incident and will update this thread with findings.

ssharma28
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

We are using reminder of dates in team page.

The issue is, in birthday and anniversary tab, I see task montioring data not birthday and aniversary.

Both the tabs(bd, ani and task monitoring) are fetching same data monitoring of taks.

How can we bring birthday's and anniversary's in tab.

And also is there any way by which we can remove birthday and anniversary tab.

Thanks,

Seema

Answers (0)