Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an ambiguity on SAP Work manager.

Can anyone help me to know does SAP Work Manager is Plant Dependent or Indepent.

Currenttly I'm having 1 Company and 1 Plant to it.

Whenever I create any Work Orders and assign person to that Plant(In Backend) he(Syclo User) is able to receive in his Device.

Now,

If I add one more Company Code(New) and Plant(New) to it.

If I create Work Order to this new Plant and assign to the Person(In Backend) can this user(Same ole Syclo User) is able to receive Work Order in his device ???

(With No extra configuration from Syclo Point of View)

(Assuming I'm using Standard SAP Work Manager with No Enhancement).

Kindly help Me with this.

If Configuration is required from Syclo Point of View, what configuration is required ??

Thanks in Advance,

Punith.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone reply to this, so that it would be helpful to my understanding.

Thanks in Advance,

Punith.

0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

Data Filters control determines what data can be viewed by mobile application. These filters can be based on a customer’s business processes. When a data filter function is enabled for a class handler, you will have the option to define various types of filter rules to control what data can be viewed.

In a SAP environment, each user is assigned a role-based profile with authorization restrictions to what data is viewed and what activities can be performed.

For example, a user working in one plant should not be able to view data for another plant. When business activities performed by a user are mobilized through the mobile application, the ability to extend the same restrictions to the mobile applications is necessary.

Data filter rules provide the function to restrict data access for mobile applications. Data filter can be user dependant, or applied to the entire mobile application.

You could refer the data filters in the syclo config panel for the relevant MDO's.

Thanks

Resmi

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try to use user parameters as filter criteria for Work Order MDO to downloading work orders based on value they maintained in user parameters in SAP.

Lets  say  criteria for Work Order MDO  objects can be set as based as IWK. (User parameter for Planning plant).   User1 can  maintained value of IWK as 1000 and User can maintain value  as 2000. So when transmit Work Manager applicaiton will only download workorders assigned to  Plant 1000 for user1 and user2 it will only  work orders for plant 2000.

Thanks

Manju - Mobility - RIG.

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we do filter in following way.

Syclo User1 : Receives Notification based on plant, he then assign works center, notification is removed from Syclo user1.

Syclo User2 : Now User2 should download same notification which is assigned by user1.

Regards Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju

How would you maintain the values Plant 1000 for user 1 and plant 2000 for user 2?

Is it through the confiiguration in SAP?

I am a non functional person so i do not understand the PM configurations,can you please elaborate the steps required?

Thanks and Regards

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

MDO configuration screen shot example for your scenario.  Please look at my previous posting about using user parameter  usage in the same thread.   Once configuration is done in the syclo config. panel as shown in the screen shot,  Maintain user parameter value for WRK for each of the users in SU01 under parameter tab.

if your case value for USER1 WRK value would be like 1000 and for user2 it would like  be 2000.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks

Manju. 

Answers (0)