Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete characteristics by using FM CEI0_DDB_DEL_VAL_BY_USER

wolfgang_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All !

I am trying to delete all values for a multiple value chracteristic by using the above mentioned FM regardless if the values have been set by user or by dependencies. I have to say I am not a programmer and my colleque is struggling with this FM.

Does anybody have an example for the usage of this FM.

Thanks in advance

Wolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wolfgang_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello !

Many thanks for reply.

These characteristics are coming from an interface into the sales order. So, the chharacteristics behave like an user Input.

If I then try later to change them via dependency, it's not possible because of the ownership (Author in Char's).

The above mentioned FM should perform this without any restrictions.

Regards

Wolf

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Excuse me for this late reply.

Maybe you have already solved this issue.

If not, I just want to let you know that in the past I succeded to delete characteristic values via an object dependency, that was in turn calling a configuration function (CU67) and finally a function module, this latter making use of the type-pools cudbt for characteristic values deletion:

form ddb_del_vals_by_kntype(saplcudb)

Just let me know if this could be of any help and if you need further details.

Thank you and bye,

Flavio

wolfgang_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Flavio !

Many thanks for your suggestion. It might work but seems to be a bit too strong to delete all values for the instance. In the meantime we succeeded with FM CUPR_DEL_VAL for a single characteristic.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Greetings,

Trying to understand little further. Is this characteristics values are already used in the Sales order/ dependency etc or not yet used?

Br,

Satheeshkumar D