cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a data dictionary structure to a context node?

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a massive context node based on attributes of a z table.

I then created my layout, table etc.

I now realise that I need to define the z table as a data dictionary structure, for the context node, otherwise quantities and amounts won't display properly.

Unfortunately when I try to do this I get this error message which says it will delete everything:

I think this will then break all the UI bindings I have done and will be a massive piece of work to put right.

Does anyone have any experience of this and how best to proceed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

As long as your new structure is have same field names as your ealier ztable, it will not delete the data bindings from view layout.

Please generate a version before you proceed futher.. because, if any thing is broken we can retrieve it back to original

Note: Go to context node .... now.. update the ddic structure and also include all the required attributes from that structure but do not go the the view layout until you activate it as view layout bindings may deleted.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StefanRoesch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

just in case Ramas hint doesn't work, the follwing workaround should do the trick:

go to the component controller and create a node - there you enter your new dict-structure and add the fields from the structure to your node - the fieldnames must exactly match the fieldnames in your view. (->activate component controller)

then go back to your view and do a context mapping from the component controllers' node to your views' node. (->activate view) -> your mappings will still remain and the dict structure remains in the node properties.

after that delete the mapping from within the views' context -> the dict structure will still remain in the node

and finally you can delete the node in the Component controller as you don't need it anymore.

hope that helps.

Stefan.