Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP with Banner

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PI Expert,

We are using PI SFTP for communication with Cornerstone Cloud solution.

We have know issue if connected with other SFTP servers. The only issue we found out is:

The cornerstone SFTP server is coming with Banner (Welcome to cornerstone bla..bla). With SFTP we simply click enter but with PI SFTP

we have encountered error.

Do you know if PI SFTP is supporting SFTP server with banner?

Any setting for handling banner in communication?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Achmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Just to inform the problem isn't related with Banner but with Keyboard-Interactive authentication.

And the good news is the standard keyboard-interactive authentication is now supported by PI SFTP SP02 Patch 6. The standard keyboard-interactive authentication used the password as interactive question. So the only issue is rather than the SFTP server ask "Password", it will ask "Enter Password". Explained in this note:

1859563 - Channel broken fix and advanced paramters for ignoring
error

Best Regards,

Achmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achmad,

I think the solution could be to have different ways of enter to SFTP if the user is interactive or not. If you can change this option, check with your OS team this Linux  ( if the system is Linux) link http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=4871626

Regards

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

It seems possible to put this 2>/dev/null into the SFTP called.

I try to find the setting from integration builder where to put this command, i couldn't find it.

Do you have any idea how to put it?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Achmad

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achmad,

You could try to put that command in the OS command option: Defining OS Commands for Message Processing by SFTP Adapter - SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration, s...

Regards,

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achmad - I don't think we have such option.  Any problem in turning off the banner?

1945020 - SFTP Recevier channel throws UnsupportedOperationException

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

The service provider don't want to disabled. But I think this banner is different with Keyboard-interactive authentication (as explained in the 1945020).

I am looking the way to send [ENTER] command before PI SFTP start sending/receiving any messages.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Achmad