cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing transport from OS level when R3 is down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AT the os level import of transport is done by tp command. And for any transport to be imported we need R3trans, tp tools and tp domain profile, and these are executable available at OS level. So when R3 is down ((DB is up) ideally i should be able to import Transport.

Please let me know whatever i said above is right, and if its right in which practical scenario we will require to import transport even when R3 is down.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This definitely not a good idea, even if it is technically possible.

You will just perform half of the job an might get into big problem when restarting the SAP system.

After an import (performed at DB level by R3trans) there are SAP jobs (RDDIMP*) that are raised through event for finishing the import process (actions inserted in tables TRBAT* ).

You can perform import at OS level with TP, no problem with this but NEVER do this when SAP is down !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.  but still I am not completely satisfied with your answer. I mentioned that DB will be online and that means R3trans and tp can access TRBAT and TRJOB tables and if we talk about RDDIMPDP job(event) as per my knowledge that can be triggered from OS level.

Please let me know if i am wrong.

Regards,

Harish

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can trigger the event through command line... but it won't have any effect if your SAP system is not running...

Please explain me why do you want to perform CTS orders import while your SAP system is down ?

I do not see any reason for it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. I was just thinking if it's technically possible.  I got my answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To give an answer, yes it is possible but you shouldn't do that.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When R3 is down, it means your tp program will also be down.So I believe you cannot import TR when R3 is down. But yes its possible to do in OS level.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is technically not posible when R3 is down (SAP down) asRDDIMPDP  job will not trigger, Hence this leads to TR importt fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is technically not posible when R3 is down (SAP down) asRDDIMPDP  job will not trigger, Hence this leads to TR importt fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, you shouldn't import any request from OS until unless suggested by SAP.

Use STMS.

Regards,

Nick Loy