cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

74004INPIBASIS - Function ... does not fit into the existing function group ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently making an update from ERP 6.0 EhP 7 SPS 01 to SPS 03 and additionally installing/upgrading to MDG 7.0 SPS 01

We are doing this update with SUM 1.0 SPS 09 Patch 5

We have updated to the latest R3Trans and TP version an patches.

The error logs are the following:

SAPup.eco

EXECUTING D:\usr\sap\ECS\DVEBMGS00\exe\tp.EXE  "pf=F:\tomp\SUM\abap\var\TABIMTRNS.TPP" put ECS "-Dmainimp_proc=3" "-Dparallel=4"
This is D:\usr\sap\ECS\DVEBMGS00\exe\tp.EXE version 380.09.46 (release 741, unicode enabled)
Looking for effective putsteps ... ... ready (looking for putsteps)
This is D:\usr\sap\ECS\DVEBMGS00\exe\R3trans.exe version 6.24 (release 741 - 10.10.13 - 20:13:08 ).
unicode enabled version
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|19)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|17)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE2 (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|20)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|16)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE_FILE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|21)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|35)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_STREAM_READ_TABLE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|22)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|36)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|19)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|17)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE2 (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|20)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|16)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_READ_TABLE_FILE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|21)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|35)".
2EETW165 Function "/BODS/RFC_STREAM_READ_TABLE (/BODS/RS_DS_BASIS|22)" does not fit into the existing function group "(/BODS/BODS|36)".
D:\usr\sap\ECS\DVEBMGS00\exe\R3trans.exe finished (0008).
stopping on error 8 during MAIN IMPORT

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 8
WARNS: Highest tp internal warning was: 0118
tp finished with return code: 8
meaning:
  A tool used by tp produced errors
ERROR: stopping on error 8 during MAIN IMPORT
SAPup> Process with PID 5852 terminated with status 8 at 20140213113617

We already checked

1.Note 410128 - Function does not fit into the existing function group

2.Note 199619 - Function module does not fit in function group

3.Note 1736228 - Error in function group COM_BRAZIL_NF_UTILITY

4.http://scn.sap.com/thread/3196431

5. Preprocessing error. Checks after phase SHADOW_IMPORT_INC were negative!, ERRORS |...

Would be great if you have other hints on how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Niklas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I did have that one few times and just went through by ignoring import error without problems

Update : oops sorry you have that error with SUM, Grrr, the ignore option is then not avaible.

Let me check if I can find something...

Regards

672651 - OCS: Known problems with Support Packages in Basis Rel.6.40

Solution: You can ignore this error by choosing 'Extras'-> 'Ignore test-import error'.  The error will not occur during the later import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves thanks for your quick reply.

The System has the following component versions

Kernel = 7.41 Patch 11

SAP_ABA = 740 SP 03

SAP_BASIS = 740 SP 03

I also found SAP Note 1912465 - Netweaver Support Package update fails due to problems with the Data Services fun...

This states to create a message to SAP Support, but I'm still waiting for their answer

BR, Niklas

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Niklas,

Did you release all transport orders before running SUM ?

But this should not be the reason, according to the note the only solution is to wait for the answer from support as this is an 'expected error' without any solution published at that time.

It would be great if you update the post with the answer from support.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing exactly the same error.  Niklas, were you able to make any progress.

the reason is that we applied SAP transports for BODS - ERP integration initially in our system, which is now part of SAP addon with newer support packs.

I also raised message with SAP support, waiting on response. The initial feedback i have got from SAP is that in order to avoid this error, you need to delete complete /BODS/BODS.. function group... prior to upgrade.

I will also post the response as i hear from SAP on this.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

unfortunately I have no answer from SAP yet. I will post SAP's response as soon as I get one.

Did you get an answer already?

Did you delete all the /BODS/ function groups manually? Did this resolve your issue?

Regards,

Niklas

Message was edited by: Niklas Theis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I got an answer from SAP telling me to have a look at the SAP Note 1916294.

It looks very promising.

I will give feedback if it worked for us.

Regards,

Niklas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Niklas,

Did implement the very same note and was able to continue upgrade no issues. Works perfect.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (0)