cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue regarding subcon without excise duties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Currently i am working on Subcontracting without excise duties.

I follow the below process

1.Subcon-PO with Service Tax.

2. Transfer Posting wrt Subcon PO.(maintained assessable value in J1ID)

3. Create Subcon Challan.

4.GR wrt subcon Challan.

5. Reconcile Subcon Challan

6. Complete Subcon challan.

So my problem is when i am creating subcon challan through J1IF01 T-code, then BED,ECss and Hess are showing 0. and same time in my challan there is no BED and Cess.

If it is a standard process that duties will not reflect in sub con challan then if material cross 180 days then on what basis shall i reverse the challan?

Regards

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

I don't understand why i am not able to see chanllan reverse option in J1IF13. Please check the screen shot and guide me how to proceed.

Regards

PR

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a condition to check the Return date of Subcontracting challan in J1IF13. I am sure about it. Because the Subcontracting return date has not reached, you are not shown the Reverse option.  If you have abaper just ask him to change the return date less than system date in debugging and see whether you get the reverse challan option set as a default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the dates on which MB1B 541 was posted and J1IF01 was done.

Might be still 180 days is not completed for that material so you are not able to see the reverse option in J1IF13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Every thing is maintained in J1ID apart from condition table 357 in FV11.

Here i want to inform you that currently i am testing this scenario in development and i am trying to reverse the challan whose return date has not cross 180 day.

So is it there any reason that unless until challn date cross 180 days we can not reverse the same challan ?

If no then what is the relevant to maintain 357 table in FV11 as i am using service tax in my PO(no excise related conditions are there)

Regards

PR

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually we maintain the Excise condition records with Key combination Country / Control code / Plant (357 table) for TAXINN (Or a copy of it) procedures as its a Conditon based tax procedure.

Just maintain the Cenvat determination for the Subcon components in J1ID and Maitain Excise rate for the same in J1ID.

Just check whether you are able to see the duties in Utilization tab of BED field, ECess and SEcess fields. Here ensure you have put the Excise indicator 1 under Maintain Excise rates.

I donot think that there is a validation to check whether the specified period has crossed in Challans. But, there should be a condition i believe. If you have an abaper ask him to debug the J1IF13 with Reverse Challan radio button Checked and see whether you get any clue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

But i am using TAXINN procedure with MWST(tax classification) and i am using only 003 table.

So my question is is it possible to reverse without using table 357? If yes then how?

If no, then could you please explain why we need 357 table because in my PO i am using service tax condition to pay service tax to vendor. Here excise is not coming, then how i will proceed?

Regards

PR

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can insert the standard table 357 in the required access sequence and have maintained the condition records for the required materials. While reversing the subcontracting challan system reads the excise rate / duties from 357 table key combination.

Even after inserting the said table in Access sequence there will not be any impact in your existing tax procedure.

In addition, just try the below procedure as an alrernative and see whether it works.

Maintain the Cenvat Determination for the Subcontracting components in J1ID

Maintain the excise rate for BED, Ecs, Secs in J1ID under node Excise tax rate. (Donot forget to Put Excise indicator 1 in this node)

Just see whether you are able to see the duties now in J1IF13 transaction code under Item Overview in column Reversal Base amount and Reversal BED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am getting confused during reverse process for subcontracting. Could you please explain step by step after reconcile through J1IFQ. Then what is the utilization tab is in J1IF13 and on what purpose it is used. Please check my attached screen shot.

Regards

PR

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During Reveral in J1IF13 you can Utilize the Balances from RG23 registers if they have enough balances. If the RG23 balances is zero, you can use PLA accounts. To enable PLA options you may have to implement the note 1373648 - Unable to utilize from PLA accounts in challan reversal if it is not already available in your support pack.

While reversing the chalaln system looks the option you had set in CIN subcontracting settings. Ie. Accessible Value first, Excise invoice first.

If Accessible value first is set then system reads the excise rate against condition table 357 if the procedure is TAXINN and reads from J1ID if the tax procedure is TAXINJ.

Similarly, if Excise invoice is set in Customizing, you can refer the existing excise invoice.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using TAXINN procedure – ensure condition record has been maintained using table 357 (Country/Plant/Ctrl code) for excise duty conditions.

If you are using TAXINJ procedure – Ensure rates are maintained for chapter ID Under Excise rate node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi,

From where we maintain tax rate in J1ID..is it with chapter-id combination? or where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN J1id one option is there 11th option excise tax rate, there you have to maintain the tax percentage. while reversing Tax percentage will be calculated depence on the same.

Regards

maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PC,

In > 180 days case, You need to reverse the challan followed by Cenvat reversal posting (to the extent of Cenvat availed) through J1IH

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

while reversing it will pick from j1id-excise tax rate

regards

Maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then during revers process, how system will revers the duties on what basis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are saying Sob-con without excise its not clear here and again you are saying excise value are not populating?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please note there will not be any duty in job work challan. only value of the material will come. please check with indirect taxation team

Regards