Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery in APO comes as non-pegging relevant

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a case where the delivery when comes to APO via CIF has the non-pegging relevant indicator auto-set in the product view. We have two examples where one(say, material A at location X) has got this indicator set and the other (say, material B at location Y) has not got the indicator set - meaning, in A/X - the stock is not getting consumed which is wrong and in the B/Y case, stock gets consumed and this is right. In both the cases, we have looked in the product master and the dynamic pegging is seen deactiviated for both these cases - in fact, this deactivation happens as part of a particular CIF user-exit for all the cases - so, this should not be the reason.

I took one delivery document from both these cases and found that in the A/X case - there is a different name maintained for the material at the customer location [CMIR is maintained], while it is not the case for B/Y case. Accordingly, in the sales order corresponding to the delivery, CMIR is seen in A/X case and it is not in B/Y case...

Since a different name is being used at the customer location for A/X case and the same is being seen in the sales order and since this name is not known to APO: I am apprehensive on this, but not sure. I am not able to find another good example as well to prove my case.

Can anyone kindly help me give some pointers so I can check and know the reason behind as to why the non-pegging relevant indicator is being set for one case and not for the other when all the settings are same?

Thank you very much for the support.

Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I believe the planning strategy used for both the materials will be different.

You can check the requirement class in ECC for this strategy, you may find that it is not relevant for MRP.

Regards,

Abhay

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay, The planning strategy is maintained sme for both the cases. Accordingly, I guess the requirement class doesn't differ.

By the way, can you please do let me know how to check the requirement class for a particular strategy... thanks.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check note 547277 Q7.

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Still my imagination says, It's possible.

I would ask you to check these two sales order. I bet there is difference in the requirement type of these two line items.

You can go to procurement tab in sales order and check for requirement type for these two SO.

Next task would be to see the strategy in SPRO (Availability check and transfer of requirement) and check its corresponding requirement class and type. And I hope the configuration of reqt type and class will explain the reason behind non-peg orders.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru

You can use below Tcodes.

OVZG    Define Requirements Class

OVZH    Assign Requirements Type to Requirements Class

OPPT    Define Strategy Group

OPPS    Assign Requirements Type to Strategy Group

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay, you are right - I did check that already, but couldn't update here. What is observed is: the one for which the 'no-pegging relevant' indicator is selected in APO [which is wrong], the only difference I observed in the requirement class is that the reduction checkbox is activated.

Can you throw some light on how this will impact on the pegging situation in APO? Thanks for the support.

abhay_kapase
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

You need to pick the right requirement type while creating a sales order.

You can go to change in sales order and update it's requirement type which has a corresponding pegging relevant requirement class.

You will the order in APO as pegging relevant.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, as I remember, if the sales order/delivery does not generate any requirement in ECC (controlled by requirement class and schedule line category), in APO, it will be non-pegging relevant. Maybe you can check MD04 in ECC to see if you can see the requirement from the deliveries ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Since you have by design deactivated dynamic pegging, then should I assume then that the pegged delivery is instead using fixed pegging?  Can you describe the circumstances under which your solution design intends for pegging to be used in general?  More importantly, can you elaborate on why you are deactivating dynamic pegging in the product master through enhancement?

Best Regards,

DB49

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, When I got the issue with A/X, the first check point went to product master where it is found that the dynamic pegging is deactivated - and then was told by my colleague that it is happening by design as part of CIF logic. I did a check on many other materials if really is the case - all were having that. So, I presumed it is happening in the CIF logic. Since I am not even a week old for the project, I cannot give more details on why they are doing so... but can tell you that we are using CTM with pegging type bing fixed.

My only doubt is: how come the non-peg relevant is missing for B/Y while it is the case for A/X? The right logic is to not have the indicator activated when the delivery comes... so, still digging much to find if anything is responsible... kindly help me with some pointers...

Thanks again,

Guru